What's new
What would you look out for with respect to identifying that these were legitimate versus being fakes? If they pass capacity testing it feels like the most likely misfortune would be cleaned up pulls versus new stock, at least in such case they'd be functional.
There's no easy way beyond using them. Given the unique design of the ICs, I don't think there's other similar ICs that can be rebranded as this.

The only issue you might run into is if you ordered 1Gb chips and got 256Mb chips.

Reactions: ack
I am interested for a AES cart, how much for the deposit ? (will need your help to purchase the cart)

One more thought… do the current 161-in-1 carts still require bypass caps on the Audio Lines or any of the other @GadgetUK fixes which were necessary on earlier versions?

One more thought… do the current 161-in-1 carts still require bypass caps on the Audio Lines or any of the other @GadgetUK fixes which were necessary on earlier versions?
It SEEMS no. The mostly new ones just needed a voltage regulator swapped out and the voltages upped a little. @leonk and I were talking about this with the current PCBs, and the only game either of us has encountered that still has messed up audio is Nightmare in the Dark, but that's caused by a different issue (and solved with a hex edit). If someone could shoot me a few known problem games I will give them a run-through.

I am interested for a AES cart, how much for the deposit ? (will need your help to purchase the cart)
Deposit is just cost of the cart, so $97. I have to get around to messaging 5-6 people. May take me a day or so, but I will get to ya!

Heads up to anyone moving forward, this is all that's left from either supplier. 50 oxidized pieces.

1699499068100.png

How many did you end up purchasing?

Mark
Not enough unfortunately. I'd have taken another 100 if they hadn't sold out of ones that weren't rusted. Figured whatever I didn't use someone would want down the line for their own, but no luck.

Covered the group buy, and the first batch of pre-made carts, but that's it.

FedEx says Monday delivery! I have boxes/PCBs/baggies all set, will pack and PM for shipping info on Monday and have them out Tuesday and we'll call it done.

Are you able to test them?
Able? Yes. And I will test two or three of my own just to have an idea they're not all junk.

But it's an unreasonable request to test all of these given the 100m+ programming time, the fact they need to be solder in place to test, and then desodlered, and that this is literally a group buy, not a sales post and I'm actually losing a few bucks on this since not everyone accounted for PayPal fees.

I don't mind helping out by saving everyone an exorbitant shipping cost for just a couple of chips, especially since I was ordering anyway, but helping out by spending 100+ hours testing chips is not something I can offer (nor do I hope anyone thinks I should). We've all got the same level of risk in this one, that's what a group buy amounts to.

Able? Yes. And I will test two or three of my own just to have an idea they're not all junk.

But it's an unreasonable request to test all of these given the 100m+ programming time, the fact they need to be solder in place to test, and then desodlered, and that this is literally a group buy, not a sales post and I'm actually losing a few bucks on this since not everyone accounted for PayPal fees.

I don't mind helping out by saving everyone an exorbitant shipping cost for just a couple of chips, especially since I was ordering anyway, but helping out by spending 100+ hours testing chips is not something I can offer (nor do I hope anyone thinks I should). We've all got the same level of risk in this one, that's what a group buy amounts to.
Yeah, definitely don't test them besides yours. Not your job as we would have bought from the same groups and took chances on those for a higher price (since we'd be paying our own shipping).

That being said, they do come with a 180 day not-DOA guarantee. I do not know how the details work out for that, but it is there if anyone needs to go down this route.

That being said, they do come with a 180 day not-DOA guarantee. I do not know how the details work out for that, but it is there if anyone needs to go down this route.
Probably likely the vendor will ask that you send the failed pieces back as an intentional discouragement. Considering the unevenness of sending something from the US (or elsewhere in the west) to China, not worth the bother of trying to get a refund for a single chip.

Probably likely the vendor will ask that you send the failed pieces back as an intentional discouragement. Considering the unevenness of sending something from the US (or elsewhere in the west) to China, not worth the bother of trying to get a refund for a single chip.
Yeah, that's my best guess as well, but I don't know for a fact, so if it comes up, we will find out.

It's all here!

Took a look through them. Very clean, but not sure I'd believe they're new. One rusted one that I tossed out. The rest all seem alright aside from a few scratches and a couple that look like they tapped an edge of the plastic package with the soldering iron by accident.

Will bag 'em up, toss them in boxes with the PCBs, and get everyone's shipping info tonight.

Everything is boxed up, and everyone has been messaged (except @ack , I will find a bigger box in the morning).

Heads up to anyone moving forward, this is all that's left from either supplier. 50 oxidized pieces.
TL;DR I think @rewrite might now own the entire global supply of suitable CPLD chips.

was attempting to do a micro group buy for New Zealand

Intitially it was $US4/piece, then $US8.80/peice, then "transfer $US250 to this paypal and we'll send whatever we have left", then radio silence.

So now I'm a week after payment for, no update, no coms, no response from seller.

I'll give it another few days then might have to file a PayPal dispute :-/

So if you want one of these and you are not already on the wait list, now would be the time
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...illed-11-13-waitlist.27699/page-8#post-402687

TL;DR I think @rewrite might now own the entire global supply of suitable CPLD chips.

was attempting to do a micro group buy for New Zealand

Intitially it was $US4/piece, then $US8.80/peice, then "transfer $US250 to this paypal and we'll send whatever we have left", then radio silence.

So now I'm a week after payment for, no update, no coms, no response from seller.

I'll give it another few days then might have to file a PayPal dispute :-/

So if you want one of these and you are not already on the wait list, now would be the time
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...illed-11-13-waitlist.27699/page-8#post-402687
Not me, some French guy making carts bought out the rest of the supply. I ordered this initial batch for this group buy/my initial batch of carts for sale, then I got PMs from a French seller that he was buying them to make for the French folks and to "not bother selling to France" I believe was the phrase, and then 2 days later I was told there were only 50 used ones left (that I was told were rusted) when I attempted to order more. I'd imagine they bought up a few hundred both new and used from the sounds of it.

I'm using donor carts to fulfill orders after cart... 59? I think.

Which seller were you dealing with @hatmoose ? I had no trouble getting my money back from Anna, and we purchased from Michael at sunnyllc or whatever it was.

Back