What's new
Wow that didn’t take long lol

The repro PCB is a generic one Ali sellers use, I heard they will program them with whatever game you ask.

I can’t believe how quickly they did that. It’s shameless really.
But buying a game like that is a mistake. Because if/when patches, updates, improvements, translations, etc. are made in the future, your stuck with the old version.
I assembled my 19YY cart with all socketed EPROMs. Makes it quick and easy to make any future rom changes.

There is no escape about ripping new games off, they want your money anyways lol.

Can you share your cover with better quality? I need to make one to put in my emulator.
I found one of them here, but i need the anime character.
Thanks.

Update: Well i made this.
It's not finished yet :D
19-YY-Ichikyo-Wai-Wai.png
19YY.png

Last edited:
I’m not sure how elrayzeur is turning the cdda audio into an actual mvs track. That would take some crazy voodoo. You’d need to program the composition into the audio driver and somehow split the sound into samples. Or there’s another way? I’d love to know how it all works — for future projects!

I’d offer to help but if the above is within their skill set, they don’t need me! I’ll jump on that forum and offer my notes but the language barrier could be a problem.

I’m not sure how elrayzeur is turning the cdda audio into an actual mvs track. That would take some crazy voodoo. You’d need to program the composition into the audio driver and somehow split the sound into samples. Or there’s another way? I’d love to know how it all works — for future projects!

I’d offer to help but if the above is within their skill set, they don’t need me! I’ll jump on that forum and offer my notes but the language barrier could be a problem.
IIRC he is the same wizard that backported the Sam Sho 5 Perfect graphics to actual Neo Geo - no idea how he is porting the music, but it sounds good in his video!

Hi ekoiz, I don't really need help converting the sound part of the game. But I need to sample all the sounds one by one, without overlapping. Currently it takes me a lot of time, I'm on the game, pilots ejected. Each time you shoot it, it bounces, but the path assigned to the bounce is random. And as it is necessary to draw, I often have residues of sounds of shoot.

I'm not a coder/programmer, I have some basics, but I'm mostly a hacker. My first neogeo hack dates back to 2009, I only finished it recently (But it allowed me to learn a lot of things) and I offered the rom to BlazePro in exchange for one cartridge. The hack is called Puzzle Crazy. I enjoy doing my hacks, and I would be happy to share my knowledge with you or better yet collaborate on a future project.

Kuze Yes it was me who implemented the perfect logo, thank you for pointing it out. I'm a 2d/3d graphics/animation hacker, and I've done a lot for the gta community, I was the first to do animations for vice city/san andreas games. But I stopped everything in 2009 to devote myself to the grave of my childhood, the NeoGeo. It was also me who reworked all the stages of the Teot project of Ozzy and J16. Glad to be recognized outside my country.

Ciao++

@elrayzeur i posted on the other forum but the sound fx all came from the CD version’s original files.

The music couldn’t be ported though and I wonder how you’re doing that part. I have a project that could benefit from that technique. Otherwise I’d be reusing MVS music like I did here.

Anyway more detail is over there including how to access a sound test so you can sample things without overlap. But again, the current port already uses the same sfx data as the original cd.

Thanks for working on it! Feel free to send me a PM here if it’s easier to chat.

Thanks for digging in deeper, turns out, one of my earlier drivers was what I needed all along, I just seem to have a crappy USB key that gives the MVSX some trouble.

Code:
FILENAME( 19YY, neogeo, 0, 0, 0, 0, 320 )
    REGION( 0x200000, CPU1, 0 )
    ROM( 0, 19yy-p1.p1, 0x100000, 0x100000, 0x59374c47 )
    ROM( 1,            0x000000, 0x100000, 0x00000000 )

REGION( 0x20000, GFX2, 0 )
    ROM( 0, 19yy-s1.s1, 0x00000, 0x20000, 0x219b6f40 )

REGION( 0x30000, CPU2, 0 )
    ROM( 0, 19yy-m1.m1, 0x10000, 0x20000, 0x636d8ac8 )

REGION( 0x800000, SOUND1, 0 )
    ROM( 0, 19yy-v1.v1, 0x000000, 0x400000, 0x7bb79a6a )
    ROM( 0, 19yy-v2.v2, 0x400000, 0x200000, 0x1908a7ce )

REGION( 0x1000000, GFX3, 0 )
    ROMX( 0, 19yy-c1.c1, 0x000000, 0x400000, 0x622719d5, 1, 1 )
    ROMX( 0, 19yy-c2.c2, 0x000001, 0x400000, 0x41b07be5, 1, 1 )

The internal emu is NJEMU (super old but super good for adding anything to it using this driver format) So all is working well, music and all - I dont know why anyone would want to play it without your music selection! You should consider removing that dip setting! haha.

While im actually able to post this: Is there a reason why this site runs so slow as soon as I log in? Ive tried Safari and Chrome and its a chore to actually login - very strange - on my computer and phone - either way. Anyone have a magic solution?

The insert im making is for the MVSX - once I have it complete - I will share a video or something here. (((Its not for bootleg copies lol)))

It's my birthday so I'm giving you a gift present

This is not the final version, there may be bugs.

This is the last rom made with my method of ripping samples.

Ekorz, the author of the hack, gived me a new trick to be able to read the samples/sounds with their addresses noted from Mame.

So I'm going to start all over again, with this new work method and release a perfect rom.

https://easyupload.io/7v8zsd

Ciao++

Yes indeed, happy birthday! :)

Is the DM0.Z80 file needed for anything?

Happy Birthday! Thank you for sharing! Can you share the differences with this build vs original?

It's my birthday so I'm giving you a gift present

This is not the final version, there may be bugs.

This is the last rom made with my method of ripping samples.

Ekorz, the author of the hack, gived me a new trick to be able to read the samples/sounds with their addresses noted from Mame.

So I'm going to start all over again, with this new work method and release a perfect rom.

https://easyupload.io/7v8zsd

Ciao++

@elrayzeur thank you, I've hooked up this set, it sounds wonderful. Thank you again (and Ekorz), for all the work you've put into getting this going.

Back