What's new

nonosto

Champion
Reaction score
Hello

I would like made a case box for my PS1 hack pad for my cab in 3d print any idea please?

THX

img_2823.jpg

1. Buy a 3D printer and learn how to use the software.

2. Or go to an electronics store, find suitably sized boxes for your parts, buy a dremel and get to cutting.

those connectors you used are for panel mounting. typically this means a metal enclosure. It could be plastic but it has to be relatively thin which is not that strong.

I would try to find a small tin that is the right shape and can be worked with simple tools. Another option is mounting everything to a small piece of plywood or balsa wood. And then mounting that inside of a larger box with a pass through slot for the connecting wires.

1. Buy a 3D printer and learn how to use the software.

2. Or go to an electronics store, find suitably sized boxes for your parts, buy a dremel and get to cutting.
2 for sure! 3D Printing has its uses but, as I believe sheep is alluding to, it's not always the best solution.

I love designing for 3D printers and if you go that route, I'd recommend Fusion 360. Like anything else, it requires practice. Previous drafting experience is helpful, but not required! If you can imagine it, you can bring it to life! If you'd like links to some resources, @nonosto, let me know.

best solution... obviously CNC mill it out of a solid block aluminum. probably should use a 5 or 6 axis head for good measure.

i think what guys are trying to say is 3d printing is awesome and we encourage you to try it. This might even be a good project to get your feet wet and get excited about enclosure design.

but realistically what you can come up with and the time you spend getting there are not worth the $5-10 for a plastic enclosure you buy off the shelf and modify.

THX all.
I think found, perfect fit:

enclosure on amazon

pcb is 112(L) x 30(H)mm and this box 112(L) x 60(W) x 31(H)mm, so would made :

- 2 hole one side for PSX cable

- 1 hole overside for cable a harness

- 4 rail (2 by side) for block PCB.

good idea?

Back