What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
If you have ever pulled the front plastic off of a Sega Net City or NAOMI Universal cabinet then you know those little plastic covers are prone to breaking or getting lost.

I recently had to pull the monitor on my Net City and the plastic was so brittle that all 4 of the bastards cracked. X( Anyway I have a 3D printer and drew up a model for a replacement.

eee8ba6b0e6b0a7af710d897e89ec886_preview_featured.jpg

9e9c08c1e2b02f91712ab9ec676d495a_preview_featured.jpg

29d29311ca4d3f166e1c7f01a44da655_preview_featured.jpg

86a4ce5627fafafcd827cc5ed9c07ef0_preview_featured.jpg

Don't mind my horribly yellowed cab.

If you have your own 3D printer you can get the STL file for this on thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1263947

If you don't have a 3D Printer you can buy them on bit-district.com: https://bit-district.com/arcade/sega-naomi/net-city/naomi-universal-screw-covers.html

Last edited:
Damned ! So you were the creator of this file ! I found it on gamoover and you were not credited by the poster.

I printed it some days ago but did not found the time to paint it. I will post a pic of the result as soon as I do it. Tomorrow i hope.

Thank you very much ! I was planning to scan an original part but I'm still a newbie with the 3D printing stuff. You spared me a lot a time and efforts.

I hope I will be skilled enough soon to be helpful. :)

Thank you, Sir! 2 of mine are cracked, 2 are gone. Will be nice to have it looking proper again.

Anyone print in pre-yellowed material? :D

Always cool to see 3d printed arcade parts! Nice work.

This is really nice, my cab didn't come with any cover so I cannot reference it to make a new one using 3D printing. But I ordered a printer and will definitely use your design to try it out on my cab :)

Edit: One question though; what filament is closest in colour to the oroginal white colour of the NNC plastic?

Last edited:
One question though; what filament is closest in colour to the oroginal white colour of the NNC plastic?
that depend entirely on how yellowed your cab is.

every net city I've ever encountered is a slightly different shade of yellowed white. heck, even with my original screw covers if I put them in the wrong spot you can tell because all 4 locations are slightly different shades.

that depend entirely on how yellowed your cab is.

every net city I've ever encountered is a slightly different shade of yellowed white. heck, even with my original screw covers if I put them in the wrong spot you can tell because all 4 locations are slightly different shades.
I meant compared to the original candy white VW color :)

I don't know personally given the yellowness of my cab but I find that Hatchbox's "Silk White" is a good off-white color that matches a lot of stuff pretty well.

Back