What's new

TodoRojo

Grand Master
Reaction score
I've been busy the past week or two trying to get this case done and I think I've finally got some final-drafts. I'm happy to present, the MiSTerCade Remote Case! THINGIVERSE LINK

Before getting into each version and explanations there, please be aware that all of these designs were made using the remote that I got from @misteraddons. There may be slight variations and I've tried to design these with that in mind. There should be enough room for button holes / PCB sizes to be a couple millimeters off from mine; but not guarantees. If you do notice that your board is way off after printing this, please let me know and I can loosen the specs a bit!

There are three major designs in two categories (slim vs standard). There's a text and blank version of each so that you can customize the text as you wish. Text is a pain in the ass with 3d prints (at least with my printer), so be aware that the text layout is good, but not fantastic. Text is as follows:

P1 / P2 Coin
II: Pause
MNU: Menu / OSD
RST: Reset Game
RBT: Reset the MiSTer
Volume indicator at the top

Recommended Hardware:
Screws I used: Both the slim and standard models can use M3x20mm screws and the nuts provided in the link.
Cabinet bumpers: I like top put these on the bottom underneath the nuts. This keeps it from moving around too much.

Slim:​

IMG_5731 Large.jpeg

Does not use any button inserts as the buttons built into the PCB should reach the top of the case. The larger buttons will stick out a bit and the smaller buttons are just about flush (still easily clickable). If the volume knob rubbing on the plastic bothers you, just give it a bit of space when screwing it in place.

Slim_blank.stl: No text on top of the case and slim. (PLEASE NOTE. THE BLANK VERSIONS ALL SHOW THE VOLUME BAR BUT THEY DO NOT PRINT. THE TOPS ARE COMPLETELY BLANK!)
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 8.46.12 PM.png

Slim_text.stl: This has text on the top to label the buttons.
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 8.46.23 PM.png

Standard:​

IMG_5738 Large.jpeg

This version sits a bit higher so that the board is completely enclosed. This was the original design as I wanted to fully encase the board. If you do not choose the "recessed_knob" versions, it can be difficult to install the knob as the screw in the back of the knob that is included with the MiSTerCade Remote only barely clamps. You'll have some rubbing on the plastic, but it does work. I would recommend this version if you would like to use your own potentiometer knob! :)

Standard requires the use of the included buttons. You will find these in the Buttons folder. The only note is that the large_button_slightly_bigger.stl is a bit bigger diameter so it might cause difficulties. It works fine for me, but I included this plus a bit slimmer version just in case. The difference in diameter is only .25mm.

Standard_blank.stl: Smaller hole for the volume pot, no text.
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 8.47.18 PM.png

Standard_text.stl:
Same as above, but with text.
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 8.47.31 PM.png

Standard_blank_recessed_knob.stl: 33 or 32.75mm hole (I can't remember exactly and I'm too lazy to check. It's slightly bigger than the volume knob included) where the volume pot is. It makes it so the volume knob can sit all the way down onto the pot. The hole is just big enough and doesn't rub. If this is different for you, lmk and I'll increase the diameter a bit more.
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 8.46.39 PM.png

Standard_text_recessed_knob.stl:
Same as above, but no text!
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 8.47.01 PM.png

Bottom:​

BOT_v2.0.stl: The bottom, universal. It has a 2.5mm deck that the PCB sits on. This allows some room for the underside components.

Added some text to the slim and standard with recessed volume knob files. I added SNAC text, an Audio icon for the headphone jack, and an input-type icon

Attachments

• SideTextAdded.zip
    634.6 KB · Views: 74
Some updates:

Got some feedback that the top, standard piece was too low and actuates buttons. I have given .75mm more space between the top of the buttons and the inside of the top. I also added fillets to the screw posts in hopes to strengthen them a bit.

I also added a slim version with a recessed knob cutout.

These updates are posted to Thingiverse.

Last edited:
Updated to support the MiSTerCade Remote Case V2. I have only printed stencils so far, but they should fit just fine. I'll report back when I have some working models if you want to give me a couple days before printing.

They fit 👍

You can find the files on thingiverse!

Last edited:
Yet another update: Made a more sturdy design for the screw posts in the V2 series. I may go back and update the old ones at a later date.

Back