What's new

waiwainl

Professional
Reaction score
Looking for a design to print a Sega Naomi/Net City coin slot. Does anybody has it or know where to find it? :thumbsup:
I checked thingieverse etc, but could not find this shape.

s-l225.jpg

Giz10p still had new original stock 100yen coin slots last (about 6 months ago) I checked, but apparently the store is offline now?

I can probably design it, if the bottom is flat I can print one though it might not be too pretty if printed with an FDM printer. this is a better part for an SLA/Resin printer.

Honestly the plastic coin slots aren't very good IMO period, 3D printed or otherwise.
The hot shit is the metal/chrome, they also have the nice side effect of being large enough to accept official Sega tokens.
s-l300.jpg

s-l300.jpg

No they didn't, hence why I would like to have a non-metal one. Besides, a silver looking one simply looks weird :)

I am not concerned about degradation, as the amount of coins floating through my slots is nothing compared to an arcade :P

@twistedsymphony if you could design such thing, it would be great. It is indeed flat at the bottom. I recon more people are interested in this.

What is/was the URL?
https://www.giz10p.co.uk/

I had the chrome on my Blast City, I thought it actually looked better because the silver parts matched the move strip brackets on the sides.
Again the 100yen entry will need to be enlarged to accept most coins (it won't fit American quarters, Sega tokens, or Capcom tokens).

@twistedsymphony if you could design such thing, it would be great. It is indeed flat at the bottom. I recon more people are interested in this.
sure thing, I might not have time until next week but I've got a net city (the one in my avatar :) ) so I should be able to pull that off to take measurements.

It is indeed flat at the bottom
Yea its "flat" but you need two screw holes on both the top and bottom just outside the slot.
The real part has fine brass threads imbedded into the plastic (so some kid just can't rip it clean off the CP).

Being a 6$ part, IMO I feel it would be a waste of @twistedsymphony time/abilities to draft it (its also going to look like shit, a real one is smooth as a babie's butt).

It is indeed flat at the bottom
Yea its "flat" but you need two screw holes on both the top and bottom just outside the slot.The real part has fine brass threads imbedded into the plastic (so some kid just can't rip it clean off the CP).

Being a 6$ part, IMO I feel it would be a waste of @twistedsymphony time/abilities to draft it (its also going to look like shit, a real one is smooth as a babie's butt).
It's 6 GBP actually and 6GBP to ship it, that's $15 a part. Ain't cheap :)

@twistedsymphony if you like to do it, I think it would stil benefit the community to have one; I am surely not the only one searching for it.

Honestly the plastic coin slots aren't very good IMO period, 3D printed or otherwise.
The hot shit is the metal/chrome, they also have the nice side effect of being large enough to accept official Sega tokens.
s-l300.jpg

s-l300.jpg
Any ideas where one can get the chrome ones from? Other option maybe to go and take mine off and have someone re-chrome it for me.

I've seen 'em pop up on auction sites before, often listed as "New Astro City Coin Entry" but don't worry it fits the entire *City line and more.

Back