What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
So I've had a few requests for Nintendo switch accessories and while I wasn't planning on buying a switch I picked one up so that I could develop some 3D printed stuff for them.

@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES had asked me to print some vertical/tate screen holders. Cool concept and I did a test print of one and it fit terribly so I'm considering designing my own.

So I figured I'd open this up. Are there any Nintendo Switch accessories that you'd like me to design/offer for sale?

Something to hold it above my face so I can lie down and play Splatoon...

I'm currently using the Hori Switch Stand which serves my purpose well, but if you design something with TATE mode in mind, I'd be keen for sure!

There's the Flip Grip kickstarter going on at the moment, the only reason I haven't picked one up is their estimated delivery date is November :/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fangamer/flip-grip

Will you do a small run of the "Reswitched" dongles (for the right Joycon port).
sx-pro-hack-switch.jpg

Something to hold it above my face so I can lie down and play Splatoon...

I'm currently using the Hori Switch Stand which serves my purpose well, but if you design something with TATE mode in mind, I'd be keen for sure!

There's the Flip Grip kickstarter going on at the moment, the only reason I haven't picked one up is their estimated delivery date is November :/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fangamer/flip-grip
Thanks for posting the link... I backed it up... I'll tell U...youngsters these days.....November is just around the corner :thumbsup:

something i think may be useful for travelers is a tablet type sleeve or hooks to hang in the airline seat in front of you...i was just on a 5 hour flight yesterday and rented a tablet for my son...it had a sleeve that hung on the seat in front of him...i played the switch on the airline tray in front of me, so youre looking down instead of forward...not a big deal for kids, but not the most comfortable for adults...i found myself slouching after a while to continue playing

great thread

To inject the payload without a PC.. the hack files is written to a micro Sd (I think) goes inside the dongle to initiate the hack.

ah, something i don't do... yet

UPDATE: nah will be quite some time before i do that - not interested in running linux and not interested in pirating a still supported console - i like the switch too much for that

But to contribute to the original topic - i'd be in for a tate grip for my nintendo shmup :D

Last edited:
ah, something i don't do... yet

UPDATE: nah will be quite some time before i do that - not interested in running linux and not interested in pirating a still supported console - i like the switch too much for that

But to contribute to the original topic - i'd be in for a tate grip for my nintendo shmup :D
I agree. The switch is too good of a system to hack up.

Emulators (Mame) on the switch is what I am looking at and that dongle makes hacking and running the emulators the ideal way for me.

“Friends don’t let friends Mame”

After looking at the "flip grip" for a while I decided there were a number of things I didn't like about their design that I could do better as a result I've started designing my own vertical grip: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmt9ttoFqeH/?taken-by=bitdistrict

first thing you'll notice is that you can leave it in place and still use the switch in horizontal mode. this is something the Flip Grip can't do and something I think would be annoying to not have if you're actually traveling with this thing and want to not have to lug around a hunk of extra plastic that's half the size of the switch itself.

Cool, design it, then make them injection molded sell like millions of them and get rich :)

Make them in different colors and make some with kid friendly designs/grips, etc...

Last edited:
Nice, pretty damn cool!

Playing shmups on the switch will be much better with something like this.

make them injection molded sell like millions of them and get rich
Do you know an injection molding guy?
Getting Injection molding time is easy, guys even auction off time on ebay, you send them your mold and they run your mold for X hours at X rate.

The problem or more expensive part is getting the mold created, you already have the CAD/3D files of the part you want, you would to get that transplanted to a mold and have the it fabricated, usually out of aluminum for small part runs or steel for mass production. You, there are several places that offer lower cost mold making, but most places will make a test mold out of cheaper material and do very small run of parts to first test the design of the part and the mold for fitment, etc..before making a master mold.

I can ask my friend that makes all kinds of custom plastic parts which are either, cnc,injection molded, 3d printed, laser cut, etc...guy can do almost anything in any type of plastic type material.

Back