What's new
Yes, they have requested us to not discuss it. Why, because Cave told them we are not allowed to discuss it in a forum for exactly that purpose?
1. The guy who runs the forum has asked us not to discuss it. I'm a polite guest (mostly) and abide by rules set out in the places I visit. It's called basic manners.
2. The reasons why it's not a good idea have been stated numerous times, by numerous people in this thread and in others. You can choose to think otherwise and that's fine too. 'Nuff said.
I'm not discussing making a multiboard. I'm discussing Cave, their business, and their reasons why they wouldn't want it made if they even care.

Let's call it "culture".

'Nuff said.

That's exactly what I'm discussing. They couldn't do anything about it even if they did care. There are multiboard systems everywhere on IP's belonging to giants like Capcom, Taito and SNK who all are still going strong today. Cave is a comparatively small business in a poor state of decline.

Alright, I have nothing more to add. Peace out.

I'm not discussing making a multiboard. I'm discussing Cave, their business, and their reasons why they wouldn't want it made if they even care.
these games is Cave's property, why they would be not cared ?
Capcom doesn't care about the CPS2 multi.

Sega doesn't care about netbooting.

Irem, well, whoever owns Irem's IPs now doesn't care about the m72 multi.

Why *would* Cave care?

@rewrite I'd bet all of mentioned are cared, just not making legal actions due to whatever reasons.
a while ago I've got C&D letter from Cave, but forgot to ask why they cared lol

@rewrite I'd bet all of mentioned are cared, just not making legal actions due to whatever reasons.
a while ago I've got C&D letter from Cave, but forgot to ask why they cared lol
I mean, if you're not attempting to protect your IP, do you *really* care? :P

Finally, the majority of their catalog is available on Xbox 360 running as close to perfect as you could get. Tee that up with a Jammaizer! and you’re good to go.
This. The Xbox 360 is already a functioning multi and it doesn't involve any engineering or marketing/distribution. Keep in mind if you are buying xbox 360 games, none of that money is going to CAVE. That money is going to some guy. IF you want CAVE to get your money you need to buy their current selling products.

I paid my "fan tax" buying the STEAM releases. But I play back ups on xbox becasue it easier to deal with menus in TATE on my TV/xbox, then having to change my windows monitor setting preferences every time I switch from desk top use to game playing.

shooting is a niche genre in a niche hobby. They don't care what we few think. Their legacy comes with the profit the operators make (or made) in the arcades and their business relationship. And as of now, Cave is not making the profit they need.
I always though CAVE should licence their IP for more toys, anime, etc, etc, and just pull money from it's core fans base. I think their legacy IP might have more long term worth then any short term profit form a licencing deal.
Damaging that by creating a product that cheapens the worth of their legacy would be a blow to them that I can’t see them taking too lightly.
To use a unrelated ex: Retail rental property, will remain un-used because dropping the rent just to get a renter, will devalue the property and the property around it. Sometime rental companies will keep their property un-used becasue it protects the long term worth of the property.

AS you pointed out: IF CAVE just licensed their IPs to anyone or just cranked out sub-par products just to make short term cash flow. That has to potential of damaging the over all worth of the company.

The value of the company is based on the value of their IP catalog. If they ever wanted to sell the company they wouldn't want to devalue their own ip with failed market products.

Back