What's new
Has anyone reworked images for the menu in Niko's multi? Just wondering if anyone has come up with some different designs/layouts.
That was my plan lol. I am one of the guys who works on the art on and off for HyperSpin. I now have my TTX2 in hand and was rolling along on the 27.99gb torrent when BAM it stalls out at 93% and has been stuck there.
Download the latest v1.3 image from the 1st post and check your PM ;)

I am still on RC2 and wanted to upgrade to 1.3 - when I connect the drive to my Mac, I see 2 partitions.
It seems the first partition is a valid filesystem, but empty; the 2nd partition contains the games as per normal.

Am I missing something here?
I try to prevent reimagine the drive, just update.

btw; It boots fine - as always :)

I am still on RC2 and wanted to upgrade to 1.3 - when I connect the drive to my Mac, I see 2 partitions.
It seems the first partition is a valid filesystem, but empty; the 2nd partition contains the games as per normal.

Am I missing something here?
I try to prevent reimagine the drive, just update.

btw; It boots fine - as always :)
Interesting, Not sure why its not showing you the system partition.

I have zero Mac experience though, so I'm afraid I cant really offer much assistance.

Its probably due to the way taito have done the ntfs partition. Macs ntfs support is spotty.

This would be why you can see nikos game partition while not seeing the other 2.

Its probably due to the way taito have done the ntfs partition. Macs ntfs support is spotty.

This would be why you can see nikos game partition while not seeing the other 2.
Tried it on a Windows machine. Works! For some reason the first partition cannot be seen on my Mac, while the other 2 are visible :-\

Last edited:
Quick n00b question. I have a 240gb SSD - seeing that the disk image is for a 60GB hdd - do I just using Windows 10 partitioning software to extend the game partition to use all the available space?

Thanks!

Yes. You can use number of tools to do so. I filled mine up to 220GB and could have done more.

Tried it on a Windows machine. Works! For some reason the first partition cannot be seen on my Mac, while the other 2 are visible :-\
I had to go and manually assign drive letters to make them all show up.

Quick n00b question. I have a 240gb SSD - seeing that the disk image is for a 60GB hdd - do I just using Windows 10 partitioning software to extend the game partition to use all the available space?

Thanks!
Yep. Just resize the partition and your good to go.

There are 220GB of games that are supported by the Taito Type X2 multigame? O_O

By the way, is there a MAME port that works with this?

Yes. You can use number of tools to do so. I filled mine up to 220GB and could have done more.
Actually I wanted to thank you for pointing me on the right direction in all of this.

Now I am working on learning how to add my own PC games .. but I feel I have a long road ahead of me as first I need to learn to create the JVS app using what Niko created. This means for each game I need to write down the controls and see how the functions will translate to the control panel controls. Then I need to figure out what it takes to get that to load before the game starts (I think). I also have a feeling I am traveling down a road that others have traveled, I just can't find any documentation on it, or existing JVS files. I wish we had a repository of ones people have created already.

Wanted to ask... is there a way to set Taito X2 as "free play mode?" Perhaps by a DIP settings? Basically I am getting a Taito Type X2 in a Vewlix soon, and a test mode button is not available (unless I dig under the hood). Thanks!

Actually I wanted to thank you for pointing me on the right direction in all of this.
Now I am working on learning how to add my own PC games .. but I feel I have a long road ahead of me as first I need to learn to create the JVS app using what Niko created. This means for each game I need to write down the controls and see how the functions will translate to the control panel controls. Then I need to figure out what it takes to get that to load before the game starts (I think). I also have a feeling I am traveling down a road that others have traveled, I just can't find any documentation on it, or existing JVS files. I wish we had a repository of ones people have created already.
I am going to follow your posts very carefully... ^^

I am going to follow your posts very carefully... ^^
No pressure right :P I have no clue what I am doing .. or if I am even going in the right direction :| I say this as nothing I have done works so far .. and in some cases breaks the multigame front end to where it wont start any other game.

1) I am starting with DRM free games like those off GOG.com (I have a HUGE library on there) or Humble Bundle that meet at least the minimum requirements and that would translate well to an arcade control panel.
2) Install the game to my PC then copy over the game folder to my game directory on my TTX2 Multigame drive (partition 3). I start the game from that directory on my normal PC to make sure it will start.
2) I bumble around Visual Studio 2015 .. load the cjvs.sln file navigate to where I edit the controls and change them to reflect what should work with the game .. then I set it for release and x86 and compile. I think it worked? maybe?
3) Then I create a bat file which launches the cjvs.exe then the game exe I created (IE Ikaruga.exe) .. I save the bat file then I use an app that turns the BAT file into and EXE ... which I name game.exe
4) I then try to launch the game and apparently I made the Japanese gods very angry because I get a WHOLE BUNCH of Japanese dialog then it closes the window and goes back to Niko's front end .. sometimes it crashes it altogether. ;(

So keeping all this in mind...
I am not sure what command lines I should be using.
Should I be using something different from this method
Knowing I am not a programmer .. of any kind am I in over my head?
help? ?(

-Drey

Wanted to ask... is there a way to set Taito X2 as "free play mode?" Perhaps by a DIP settings? Basically I am getting a Taito Type X2 in a Vewlix soon, and a test mode button is not available (unless I dig under the hood). Thanks!
Nope. As far as I know, you have to setup Free Play for each game induvidually.
Some will return the multi menu after leaving the test menu. This will save you some time after seting up, so you can directly go the next title. :)

yes all TTX2 games need to be set individually. but the nesica games once support can be changed with the flip of a reg key which im sure Niko will add a setting to his menu to handle that ;)

Back