What's new
i got it unpacked to a raw img and dd'ing it to a drive now if all goes well ill upload a gzip file of the raw img.

edit: i wont be able to zip and upload till tomorrow arvo at the earliest so if someone can do that before me that would be great
Sigh, sorry about that. Anyone have any other free recommendations?
Raw dd backup to a file, then gzip/7zip that file into a compressed archive.

Is there any news as to whether or not TTX will work with this muli solution? Particularly TGM3?

Can someone test that and report back?

i got it unpacked to a raw img and dd'ing it to a drive now if all goes well ill upload a gzip file of the raw img.

edit: i wont be able to zip and upload till tomorrow arvo at the earliest so if someone can do that before me that would be great
Sigh, sorry about that. Anyone have any other free recommendations?
Raw dd backup to a file, then gzip/7zip that file into a compressed archive.
Yea, that maybe what I end up doing. I was trying to make it simple for the windows users but unfortunately windows doesnt have a "dd" utility.

Is there any news as to whether or not TTX will work with this muli solution? Particularly TGM3?

Can someone test that and report back?
All the normal TTX games should work fine, TGM3 hasnt been tested yet.

Niko, awesome work brother. Gonna test it this weekend.

Is it true they are working on DariusBurst:AC to run on the multi and use only 1 screen?

"I "heard" it was a 35GB image. I also "heard" it was going to be up somewhere in a few days." :D :D :D :D :D

Awesome Niko can't wait to test just have to wait for my X2 to arrive

Is it true they are working on DariusBurst:AC to run on the multi and use only 1 screen?
There are already a few Steam games available to work on TX2. I think Darius Burst is available if you want to pay the guy who converted it....

Holy Shit, Niko. I take a vacation from forums and you drop this bomb! Congratulations on the hard work! And THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

Now to get another X2!.. I'm really regretting ditching my first one.

I tested tgm3 and didn't work needs OpenGL Libs also Niko if you use a raw img almost all backup programs can handle them I'll write a guide to an easy piece of software to use in the coming days if you like?

I tested tgm3 and didn't work needs OpenGL Libs also Niko if you use a raw img almost all backup programs can handle them I'll write a guide to an easy piece of software to use in the coming days if you like?
Yea that would be great. I'll make some raw dd images tomorrow for 120GB and 60GB drives.

Can you test kuze's solution and let me know? I'll try to play with it tomorrow when I get home too if it hasn't been solved by then.

There are already a few Steam games available to work on TX2. I think Darius Burst is available if you want to pay the guy who converted it....
I asked about it and it's not yet available. "It'll be listed on the site when available." is what I was told last month.

His isn't the Steam version from the looks of it though. Screenshots don't match up to the Steam release.

It's really 100x easier to buy a Steam Link and throw that in your cab to play DB:AC. There's *way* more content in the Steam release anyhow. Why the DB dump is still being hoarded by collectors despite a superior version being widely available is beyond me.

Is the PC-based newer release of Contra that's included in most of the Type X bundles working on TTX2?

Last edited:
The reason he hasn't released it is because it requires a special I/O board that is rare and expensive. It doesn't work with JVS like the other X2 games available. So he is trying to write a JVS to FastIO emulator to use with it.

I have the dump but the person who supplied it isn't ready for it to be released publicly.

The reason he hasn't released it is because it requires a special I/O board that is rare and expensive. It doesn't work with JVS like the other X2 games available. So he is trying to write a JVS to FastIO emulator to use with it.

I have the dump but the person who supplied it isn't ready for it to be released publicly.
There are quite a few non-working dumps that are public though.

I'm not saying anyone owes the community it or anything (and personally I'm much happier with the Steam release), I just don't understand the reasoning for keeping it private unless it's that they've spent X amount on it and don't want to be out whatever amount of money they're into it. I know 3 people who have the dump, and now you as well.

I don't mean to come off wrong (more poking fun than anything), but you bought my FastIO for cheap IIRC :P. Or were you taking advantage of me? :) :P

Last edited:
The guy that dumped it still makes money officially supporting it for Taito. If it where released publicly the arcades could get it themselves and they wouldn't need the tech.

I agree though, I hate when people hoard stuff. If it where up to me the publically available X2 library would be twice the size it is now. ;)

I will probably be the one to release the majority of unreleased games when the time comes.

The FastIO I bought from you isn't the same FastIO required for DariusBurst. It was actually for some other "stuff". I really can't say much right now. Don't worry though, as long as I'm in the scene the public will eventually get everything when the time comes. :)

The guy that dumped it still makes money officially supporting it for Taito. If it where released publicly the arcades could get it themselves and they wouldn't need the tech.

I agree though, I hate when people hoard stuff. If it where up to me the publically available X2 library would be twice the size it is now. ;)

I will probably be the one to release the majority of unreleased games when the time comes.

The FastIO I bought from you isn't the same FastIO required for DariusBurst. It was actually for some other "stuff". I really can't say much right now. Don't worry though, as long as I'm in the scene the public will eventually get everything when the time comes. :)
That makes sense then.

That will be refreshing! I should again say thank you for your work on this. I'm going to wait until I buy a new drive before checking out the image, but I'm excited.

I'm still hoping for a few different already released games to work :). HL2 Survivor for one.

Oh weird. I thought you'd said it was the one for DB but you'd need two. My mistake!

had a bit of a play around.

How is the JVS interfaced? it's sending keyboard keys correct?
if so what keys are they bound to? looking to get mame running.
Also is there a way to keep the jvs interface running after launching something from the menu.

This is purely a suggestion/opinion but wouldn't it be better to have all the games on a separate partition (lets call it E: for now).
Having the games on E: would mean you wouldn't have to worry about different size imgs. The user can easily partition the left over space once the drive has be created.
also for updates you could just release a partition img for C: only. So games will not have to be recopied over and save data will remain aswell.

Tried copying over opengl.dll for TTGM3 but no joy. also not getting any error pop-ups with your img Niko. eg launching TTGM3 which on the image i use i do get error popups.

Back