What's new
Hi there and first of all thanks for all the hard work.

I've successfully launched DeathSmiles II through the Multigame software, however it does not seem to accept any inputs. I followed the folder structure of the other games (that work normally) and set the config to JVS.
Am I missing anything?

Thats odd .. Deathsmiles 2 works for me .. im having issues with Arcana Heart 2.1 and Daemon Bride's jvs input.The rest seem fine.

Hm. I took the DeathSmiles II folder from Nikos FTP and put it in it's own folder on my drive. It gets recognized OK and starts normally. Still, can you post screenshots of your folder structure? Just to see if I'm missing something in my setup.

Yeah sure..

Niko_TTX2_Folder_Struct2.jpg

Niko_TTX2_Folder_Struct.jpg

The only thing in TTX2Multi[Games]\DeathSmiles II\TypeXmulti\config.ini is a line that says gametype=jvs

After starting and checking every games and setting most to Free Play The only errors or glitches I found are..

1) Arcana Heart 2.1 - TTX2 does not seem to like input from JVS input, which in my case is a Capcom NAOMI Converter 98701 ver2.0

2) Daemon Bride - Sometimes the JVS works .. sometimes it does not and requires a full system cold boot.

3) Crimzon Clover - After initial set up with a keyboard and mouse player 1 works just fine .. player two JVS inputs are not registering at all.

Last edited:
I noticed the same issue. I was still trying to determine what was causing it. Cause it works sometimes and then sometimes not. So it was intermittent for me.

After update to 1.4, Deathsmiles, Tetris, and potentially some more does not start for me eihter, quickly returns to the menu. The menu is now in 720P for me, images are small[er] than before. I can see my folder structure is not as pictured above... I will check this out later today...

Yeah sure..

The only thing in TTX2Multi[Games]\DeathSmiles II\TypeXmulti\config.ini is a line that says gametype=jvs
I have the exact same folder layout and the same config.ini. This seems super weird to me. Are you on 1.4 as well?

After update to 1.4, Deathsmiles, Tetris, and potentially some more does not start for me eihter, quickly returns to the menu. The menu is now in 720P for me, images are small[er] than before. I can see my folder structure is not as pictured above... I will check this out later today...
So, creating the "game" folder and moving the files solved the problem!

My only game now not running is Tetris... returns to the menu immediately

currently that's true, Another reason why running all the games on an x2 isnt ideal, when the run on typical pcs better esp when we are talking bout the best game on the platform by a mile

on a serious note, id imagine a custom dll or something would fix the game just no one has figured out exactly what to use

This is this last time I will bother to say this. You dont need a mame release, niko has released a jvs tool, take the time set it up when the "game" in this case mame runs your jvs will become a keyboard you then can set all the games up to work with keyboard controls. and Coerey Released the same exact tool, but for fast io, either way you gain a keyboard. to configure and run ANY APPLICATION EMULATOR GAME PROGRAM whatever runs on windows xp sp2

Want to run old school gulity gear XXreload ? melty blood the doujin release shocker you can.

I have not seen posts about Nikos JVS tool before, so sorry if you had to repeat yourself on that one.

The "tool" is actually either source code, c++ or the dll to be loaded....
Niko's JVS tool (Source code inside)

About " take the time set it up when the "game"".... the instructions are not that easy to follow. I get that Nikos menu can load just about anything (game.exe or maybe game.bat).... How do I force MAME to load this JVSDll.dll ? I tried google but ended up writing this post instead...

As of now, the instructions point me to write my own loader in C++ that loads the jvsdll, and then maybe launch something else in memory/same thread like MAME.... surely someone has already done this and may be generous to share ....

If you where to look at any of the games, or even my frontend that uses nikos jvs tool you will see it compiles into an exe that runs

Ergo Check demon-bride, Cirim Clover, or any of the other pc titles niko bothered to bundle. Run the jvs.exe run mame.exe Nikos multi cannot load bats, but you can use autoit to make a 2 line exe
run, jvsemu.exe/fastio exe
run, mame.exe
Right click autoit scirpt compile into an exe title it game.exe and place in a "mame' folder. like all other games are named and added
Same could be said for a pc title
run, jvs/fastio.exe
run, name of games real.exe

or you can load the bat form my ui that dose the same function Ie runs the jvs.exe then a mame exe

If you where to look at any of the games, or even my frontend that uses nikos jvs tool you will see it compiles into an exe that runs

Ergo Check demon-bride, Cirim Clover, or any of the other pc titles niko bothered to bundle. Run the jvs.exe run mame.exe Nikos multi cannot load bats, but you can use autoit to make a 2 line exe
run, jvsemu.exe/fastio exe
run, mame.exe
Right click autoit scirpt compile into an exe title it game.exe and place in a "mame' folder. like all other games are named and added
Same could be said for a pc title
run, jvs/fastio.exe
run, name of games real.exe

or you can load the bat form my ui that dose the same function Ie runs the jvs.exe then a mame exe
Another thing you can do is take one of the pc games from the multi i.e Crimzon Clover and then do what I did:
Take game.exe from it along with your newly built jvs > keyboard exe and put it with mame.
Rename your jvs exe to unijvs.exe
Rename mame to CrimzonClover_WI.exe

Put that all in a game folder and game.exe will handle launching both mame and the keyboard exe without extra apps

your newly built jvs > keyboard exe and put it with mame.
Hmm. In both daemon bride, and Crimzon Clover, the unijvs.exe file already exists, can it be reused?

Getting CaveUI32.exe to launch, but without keymapping... followed these instructions

Nikos tool is a dll, not an exe - still missing something out here...

your newly built jvs > keyboard exe and put it with mame.
Hmm. In both daemon bride, and Crimzon Clover, the unijvs.exe file already exists, can it be reused?
Getting CaveUI32.exe to launch, but without keymapping... followed these instructions

Nikos tool is a dll, not an exe - still missing something out here...
The unijvs programs are mapped specifically to keys in each game and more than likely won't work without rebinding. If a game doesn't support rebinding then they won't work.

As for the dll you can either setup an app to load the dll on launch to use it or convert it to an executable. The code is fairly straight forwards in that it's almost cut & paste to do this.

Ok, so I've done some testing of the new V1.4 Multi for those of us with Namco Noir cabs or cabinets using the NAVJ2 IO boards. Here's what I've found.

On a single player Namco Noir Cab not linked

These games have all got the dreaded coin error:
-KOF Ultimate Match
-KOF XIII
-KOF XIII Climax
-Senko no Rondo Duo (the fault was in Japanese but I'm assuming its the same)
-SFIV
-SFIVAE
-SFIVAEE
-SSFIVAE 2012
-Trouble Witches

When Linked to a second cabinet
-The multi defaults to P2 cabinet for control and P1 controls don't work even after resetting out of a game as they did in the previous version.
-With the P2 cabinet linked you no longer have the coin errors that are present with a single cabinet however there is a bunch of new issues.

Chaos Breaker - Players reversed
Gigawing Generations - IO error then reboots
Homura - boots no controls at all
Raiden III, III Export and IV - P2 cabinet controls act as Player 1 and no P1 cabinet controls at all
Shikigami no Shiro III - doesn't boot at all, just freezes
Spica Adventures - same as Raiden games
SFIV - no longer boots "JVS ERROR 0005: Connection out of spec"
SFIVAE - as above
Trouble Witches - same as Raiden games

Games not mentioned worked without any noticeable issues in the respective cabinet configurations.

@Niko if you would like me to do anymore specific testing let me know. Hope this helps a bit. I haven't found any info on the Namco IO cards anywhere so I will try asking Namco support for some info. I don't like my chances though. There are a few dip switches that must do something.

Back