What's new
Well I ended up just getting those looms on eBay ||

Thanks for your advice guys

Just to clarify this part.

Only thing I don't know is if it's Sanwa or Seimitsu, they both take the same connector just in a different orientation.
The pinout is the same, so the same connector can be connected to both Sanwa and Seimitsu sticks. If you have the control panel up on an Astro and you're looking down at it, the connectors on the joysticks should be facing towards you.

This thread is great. I had a shaky psu in one of my Astros that I replaced with https://www.highway.net.au/news/introducing-the-sega-to-atx-power-supply-adapter-kit/450.html

It works, but I currently have no sound (I think it has to do with that 4 pin header) nor test/service buttons (ditto), so I've been considering stripping the cab and rewiring from scratch, especially since it's definitely already had work done on it. There's a lot of good looks collected here, thanks guys!

UPDATE: Got those looms in today from Hong Kong.

Problem, one of the looms had 1 less ground for one of my buttons. (The frankenstein'd kick harness that came with the cab didn't have ground wires on the end that goes up to the control panel). So I said fug it. I cut one of the disconnects off one of the ground wires on the loom, and a 2 ground daisy chain from the OLD wiring system. stripped them both a bit and just twistie tie'd them together and covered with electric tape.. IT WORKS!

I'll need to have my friend come over with his soldering iron for a permenant solution. But I'm glad to report both 1P and 2P stick/6buttons are working fine. Thanks for your help.

My next project is to replace the speakers and get a RCA stereo connection that can go into a CPS3 board.

Back