What's new

BlinG

Grand Master
Reaction score
I kind of have an idea of getting this going, but just want to have other thoughts.

I basically want to add a 3.5mm headphone jack to my Blast City, but still retaining the audio coming out the speakers. Would the be acheived by splitting the RCA output and having the 2nd signal run to an external amplifier?

Thats not what he wanted though
Good spot, that's quite a-typical so missed that part. I use it for late night gamings, and for that my suggested setup is ideal. Not sure what you would use headphones + speakers for?
But well, that would be even easier then, just dual-wire it. Don't think you need an amp per say, I'd just try it without first.

Good spot, that's quite a-typical so missed that part. I use it for late night gamings, and for that my suggested setup is ideal. Not sure what you would use headphones + speakers for?
It’s for tournament play to block out crowd noise for the players, but I don’t want to mute the cabinet for the crowd.

If you're using something like a NAOMI with RCA out, splitting it to another amp with headphones output(s) should be fine.

If your audio source is a JAMMA board then it gets a little more complicated but not horrible. I would be lazy and use a car audio 'line out converter' on the JAMMA audio to get RCA level, and then work with that. I'm sure there is probably a real product for that though (or I hope there is, anyway).

If you're using something like a NAOMI with RCA out, splitting it to another amp with headphones output(s) should be fine.

If your audio source is a JAMMA board then it gets a little more complicated but not horrible. I would be lazy and use a car audio 'line out converter' on the JAMMA audio to get RCA level, and then work with that. I'm sure there is probably a real product for that though (or I hope there is, anyway).

Ah right, I have the NVS4000 in my NAC so my audio is already amplified. Don't know how the Blast PSU typically handles that.

@skate323k137 you mean the typical $10 high low converters right?

Back