What's new

SailorLodestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all! Thanks for reading! I’m trying to replace my monitor and it’s proving to be a tiny adventure so I’ll just post new questions as they come.

I’m wondering if I can use a 25" Nanao MS8-26SU monitor in my Sega Aero table. The cables coming from the board don’t match the ones on my old monitor.

It was advertised as a Aero City Drop in replacement.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Is there a loophole? Can the cables be modified to work?

It should be the same monitor, maybe a different revision (SG as opposed to SE or vice versa).

The cables can definitely be modified to work, although I would be surprised if they were different? (I've never seen the insides of a Aero Table.)

The frame is different on a Aero table, much more shallow than a standard Aero but the chassis and the screen are the same.

The frame is different on a Aero table, much more shallow than a standard Aero but the chassis and the screen are the same.
Thank you!!

I actually went ahead and bought the monitor! I tested before mounting to make sure it worked and then found out the hard way that the frame doesn’t fit (my back hurt after).

So I’m in the middle of doing a bracket swap!

I’m almost done so current question for the thread is about a last step.
6949823B-4C89-4318-AAA4-D113AAACFE3E.jpeg

As shown in this picture, the holes on the mounting brackets don’t line up perfectly (the other side is screwed in in this picture).

So I’m thinking about going to Home Depot and picking up bolts that are just *slightly* thinner than these stock ones so that I can scoot the bracket over a little and bolt down all four holes.

Any advice? Is there a danger the new bolts might not be strong enough to secure the monitor?/how small can I go?

It should be the same monitor, maybe a different revision (SG as opposed to SE or vice versa).

The cables can definitely be modified to work, although I would be surprised if they were different? (I've never seen the insides of a Aero Table.)
The new MS8, while advertised as an Aero City replacement, is actually dated 1997 and was inside an American style cabinet before I got it. Some modifications needed to be made for power but the seller quickly did them as I was on my drive there.

For the rgb, we just unplugged the cable that was on it and put in the one that was in my table. The chassis end already matched but the quick disconnect molexs didn’t.

Excited for my table to be bright for the first time in decades. ☺️

It's probably a 26SU then?

As shown in this picture, the holes on the mounting brackets don’t line up perfectly (the other side is screwed in in this picture).

I don't see how that is possible. Have you screwed the other side down firm? If you have, loosen it and try realigning the frame around the dog ears.

Just to double check, the tube is a Mitsubishi A63, right?

You probably haven’t put the frame on square, you are only a few mm’s out, I would loosen your bolts and have another go. It’s not as if the screen can fall out of a table, the weights all down on the 4 brackets.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone!

I got it in with three of the bolts and went to Home Depot to get one bolt that was a size smaller. It also just barely fit but did secure the last corner and the monitor has been sitting in my cab snug for the last couple of weeks, looking great.

C2C2C8F1-9AA4-4CCC-B4D2-8487011A1284.jpeg

I had one follow up question which is about the light bar on a Sega Aerotable where it says “videogame”. I realized that the monitor plugs into a normal wall shaped outlet inside the cab.

It’s non-polarized and the cable the seller hooked up for me is polarized so I used a cube shaped adapter to get it plugged in. I’m wondering if I can use one of the extra sides of that adapter to plug in a small led light strip or a light bar where the wire would then creep up to a light tucked behind the “video game” sign. That way I could see the Aero table’s marque light up but not have to bother getting custom cables that mirror the original.

Would my monitor still draw enough power from the psu or would it be an issue that would effect the picture, the monitor’s lifespan, or the lifespan of the psu?

Any advice is appreciated.
01114534-D16D-40E0-A5B9-D6C6A7A12FC4.jpeg

Back