What's new
No worries - I’ve had similar experiences with missing obvious red flags on a board just because I was intensely focused elsewhere. :P Hopefully patching the traces for those pins will solve this once and for all. You might want to remove the whole NEO-B1 chip and check for more trace damage underneath it.

No worries - I’ve had similar experiences with missing obvious red flags on a board just because I was intensely focused elsewhere. :P Hopefully patching the traces for those pins will solve this once and for all. You might want to remove the whole NEO-B1 chip and check for more trace damage underneath it.

Yeah, considering pulling it. But it's just so many pins... wouldn't enjoy reinstalling it. Perhaps if I can confirm it's working after running some new trace wires.

Last edited:
Confirmed that pin 115 on the NEO-B1 goes to pin 48 on the 68k and pin 116 goes to pin 50. Unfortunately the vias are under the NEO-B1, so no good place to run a new trace to without removing the B1 chip. So thinking I'll just jumper some wires directly onto the 68k to see if it works.

Did some bodge wires, confirmed continuity, but still boot looping.
20200101_000934_000001.JPG

Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 7.55.34 AM.png

May have to shelve this for now... possible that other data bus pins are bad due to corrosion on the vias under the NEO-B1. So need to wait until I'm bored enough to remove it.

Are the other nearby pins on NEO-B1 showing continuity to their address lines on the CPU? One of those may be rotted too and you may just be one or two more patch lines away from getting it working.

Before tabling it, I suggest at least tying the watchdog pin on NEO-B1 to Ground to see if the Diagnostic BIOS shows you anything.

Are the other nearby pins on NEO-B1 showing continuity to their address lines on the CPU? One of those may be rotted too and you may just be one or two more patch lines away from getting it working.

Before tabling it, I suggest at least tying the watchdog pin on NEO-B1 to Ground to see if the Diagnostic BIOS shows you anything.
Fair point, perhaps the next long meeting I'm in I'll go over everything with the multimeter to check continuity.

Back