What's new

BigSchmid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can they ever be reproduced? Too intricate? Saw one sell today on FB, loved the look of it and wondered what everyone thought about them and their availability in the future. Cheers.

What are you trying to reproduce? Just the look? Because they're basically useless from a functionality standpoint outside of arcade networks, so I don't think people care overly much about them in general.

But it's just a panel with some art, a handful of carriage bolts holding down some plexi, and a button. That part isn't particularly intricate.

I do think the aesthetic is neat in that it's an authentic look from a Japanese arcade set up and having a 1P panel that looks like that is pretty neat, IMHO. I could totally buy the idea that someone else thinks it's hideous too..lol..was just curious on if anyone has attempted to do a repro one. Not currently shopping atm. Thanks Aurich!

I could totally buy the idea that someone else thinks it's hideous too..lol
I 100% get the appeal of making things look authentic. That said, I replaced the Nesica readers on my Vewlixes with my own custom RFID readers, I'm not super big on the 'broken' commercial network stuff.

For the amount of work it would take to duplicate I'd just spend the cash to get one off an auction site.

I 100% get the appeal of making things look authentic. That said, I replaced the Nesica readers on my Vewlixes with my own custom RFID readers, I'm not super big on the 'broken' commercial network stuff.

For the amount of work it would take to duplicate I'd just spend the cash to get one off an auction site.
That's fair. Might even be cheaper. Who knows.

Back