What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
Picked up a board that uses a CPU clip similar to a NeoBIOSMasta to add memory card support to a MV1B. It has a space for a BIOS, which I'd like to populate but I'm not sure which chip should work. Looks like a SOP44 and while I know they sell preflashed chips in that form factor for a 1C I'm not sure what works here. Hoping someone has already gone down the road I'm considering.
1711453748925.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. Do you have the Aliexpress listing? I don't think I've seen these boards before.

I kind of wanted to buy one of those CMVSes on Aliexpress just to see what it was. The ones with the memory card slot sticking up on top. Do you have more photos and info on this expansion you bought? By the size and LED, looks like it's meant for a cab rather than CMVS.

So it just comes running a stock bios?

Thanks for sharing. Do you have the Aliexpress listing? I don't think I've seen these boards before.

I kind of wanted to buy one of those CMVSes on Aliexpress just to see what it was. The ones with the memory card slot sticking up on top. Do you have more photos and info on this expansion you bought? By the size and LED, looks like it's meant for a cab rather than CMVS.

So it just comes running a stock bios?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806352795401.html

Out of the box it uses the BIOS on the main board, but I'm thinking of trying this in a unit that had a failed UniBIOS install (torn pads) if I can. It's a weird but interesting product, not seen anything about it outside of the Aliexpress listing so I thought I'd poke at it with a sharp stick and see what it can do.

Thanks for sharing, didn't know about this. It's massive for what it does. NeoTurfMasta's memory card support board for 1B/1C that never went into full production was quite a bit smaller, and had a standard socket for the bios.

The inclusion of the LED display makes it seem like this is meant to allow a newer 1-slot board in an MVS style cab setup.

At any rate, it's good to have more options for memory card support for these boards. Is it not possible to use this with an MV1C? I was never satisfied with the virtual memory card, and the originals of those are impossible to buy now too.

Good luck with your prioject with the board with torn pads. It will be interesting to see if that works.

Last edited:
The inclusion of the LED display makes it seem like this is meant to allow a newer 1-slot board in an MVS style cab setup.

That was my impression as well since it includes the wiring connectors for the standard multi slot memory card board found in cabinets. But for a consolized unit, having the PCMCIA card slot is attractive. Most of the PCB is empty, it's sized so it has the same footprint as a MV1B. But really not seeing a reason you couldn't hook it up to a 1C or any other unit with the same CPU type.

Oh, I see. So this is meant to sit below an MV1B. Someone really needs to basically just create one like the NeoTurfMasta one for CMVSes that has a smaller form factor and a socket for the bios.

Expanding on this a bit. Stock BIOS is 40 pin, this board has a spot for a 44 pin labeled "BIOS". I have some SOP44 chips I can flash, but not sure what will or won't work. If I don't get any more info, I'll just try it and see.

1711977658971.jpeg

Back