What's new

PASTBLASTER

Grand Master
Reaction score
Well, the Sega addiction is still going...... I thought I was done with getting new cabs, but when a solid deal popped up on a P.Ras cab, I had to jump on it.

After everything was paid for, a nice gigantic truck showed up at my warehouse in Tallahassee.

PXL_20230629_115112662.jpg

After some paperwork, we unloaded two Sega arcade cabinets.

PXL_20230629_120155289.jpg

These things were in fantastic shape, and really only needed some cosmetic clean up (Dust, a few small cosmetic scuffs etc.)

PXL_20230629_213909996.jpg

Cabs fired right up to a lovely ALLS UX Error screen (No Key inserted). After verifying they powered on, I started digging into the cab.

PXL_20230629_213953070.jpg

PXL_20230629_220203062.jpg

Everything is in fantastic condition. Not really used to getting cabs that are this new / nice.

More to come soon.....

Last edited:
Always nice to see quality Sega built cabs with nice & neat oem wring & ease of access to everything.

Just curious, what brand joysyick and buttons are fitted to these by default?
What types of parts are featured on your cabinets?

A little more digging into the cab and some light clean up.
PXL_20230629_220931483.jpg

Crazy this was about the dirtiest part of the cab :)

Found a little bonus inside that essentially read "This game is set for Puyo Puyo on a 4 way gate. If you want to play a different game, contact an employee to change the gate for you."

PXL_20230629_220209107 (1).jpg

Up next I removed the Sneeze Guards to wipe them down and actually found that neither one had ever had it's factory plastic cover removed!

PXL_20230629_222009418.jpg

What I thought were scratches in the shields were actually just in the plastic covering! Peeled them off and wiped them down to perfect shields!

PXL_20230629_223156800.jpg

Next stop to move this thing to the home game room!

More to come!

Nice! I got mine as well, in amazing shape. I have a second story gameroom and had to strip the cab a bit to make it manageable to push up the stairs. Good luck!

On to the move!

My warehouse is about 10 miles from home, so once I broke the cab down enough, it took a nice drive home on my truck. Luckily, even without removing the Control Panel, this thing fits through a standard US door. After wiggling it through the house, it fit into my game room next to his big brother the Lindbergh.

PXL_20230630_033327338.jpg

I then had to learn how to set up python and create the scripts to control the LEDs and VFD on here. After some YouTube Learning (and pestering friends) I got it fired up!

PXL_20230630_220207653.jpg

Then it was time to get it the colors and text i wanted.

PXL_20230630_221743899.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Now to enjoy it until we do some additional modding. I have already cleaned up the JLF and added a 3LB spring, but I will be modifying some Noctua Fans in the near future to quiet this thing down. This is a seriously cool machine, and the fact that it is SO new is really, really awesome! More to come in the coming weeks!

dang i need one of these now lol. looks really clean especially with that sega wallpaper

Hi @PASTBLASTER

How did things turn out with the Noctuas?
Exactly what Noctua models did you go for? Did you make your own adapter cables?

I am considering Noctuas with PWM + PWM controllers for my P-ras (to be able to adjust RPM if necessary...).

PS: I am also totally in love with this cab. Love the Gundam-ish-inspired aesthetic (so Japan). Love the feeling of playing on it. And yeah, the fact that it is so new is simply unbelievable (I've been searching for a manufacturing-date somewhere, can't seem to find one anywhere...).

Hi @PASTBLASTER

How did things turn out with the Noctuas?
Exactly what Noctua models did you go for? Did you make your own adapter cables?

I am considering Noctuas with PWM + PWM controllers for my P-ras (to be able to adjust RPM if necessary...).

PS: I am also totally in love with this cab. Love the Gundam-ish-inspired aesthetic (so Japan). Love the feeling of playing on it. And yeah, the fact that it is so new is simply unbelievable (I've been searching for a manufacturing-date somewhere, can't seem to find one anywhere...).
Just bought one, going down rabbit hole of upgrades. Interested in Noctua replacements for sure too.

Not sure why I didn't see the message above. I believe that fan is 120mm. I just repurposed the stock connector and wired it into the Noctua.

Just bought one, going down rabbit hole of upgrades. Interested in Noctua replacements for sure too.
I recorded my installation process and went deep on selecting the optimal set of Noctua fans. I plan on posting a YouTube video of the process in the not too distant future.
An essential upgrade to the cab, imho.

I recorded my installation process and went deep on selecting the optimal set of Noctua fans. I plan on posting a YouTube video of the process in the not too distant future.
An essential upgrade to the cab, imho.
Awesome! I’d love to replace the monitor and the back case fan with some premium Noctuas. Tried messing with fan speed setting in bios but both options were equally loud. It was already set to system I think and only other option was full.

Back