What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Aside from filter board, supercap, or fan-related issues, I don't seem to find much out there on troubleshooting the Naomi.

Anyone got a personal flow-chart, or a list of other things to check?

I have a handful of dead N1/N2 motherboards kicking around that I've swapped new fans into and tried other filterboards on and they're still just flat dead (no audio, no sound, no real signs of life). I'd be eager to hear where to go from that point.

See if Ken @irepairsega might give us some info of what to check/look out for. But I would just send it his way for troubleshooting/repairs, the man has the skills for sure, worth every penny.

But I would just send it his way for troubleshooting/repairs, the man has the skills for sure, worth every penny.
He's fantastic at what he does, but I could just buy another Naomi and be out a lot less, you know? And I don't mean to suggest that he overcharges, I'm just saying some things aren't financially worth fixing. The Naomi 2's, may be worth it, but I can get another working Naomi for less than it'd cost in round-trip shipping to him with a little bit of patience.

Plus, I don't learn anything by sending it off.

that's just it, NAOMI1s at least just arn't worth the effort to fix unless it's something stupid simple like the fan supercap or filterboard.

throw it in the parts bin and buy working one with a trashy case for $40.

then in another 10 years when they're worth $300 piece dig them back out and figure out how to repair them lol

then in another 10 years when they're worth $300 piece dig them back out and figure out how to repair them lol
By then no one will be left to teach, and with my luck Ken will have retired!

Back