What's new

Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope everyone is well. Perhaps a somewhat unusual question but I was hoping someone knows something about this SF2 control panel. It is shaped differently than the SF2 ones you typically see on Aero City size panels (wider at the bottom below the centre bottom screw) and the Capcom logo is in a different position. Moreover, the Forward text seems to be on the wrong side for player 2 (technically is should be opposite of player 1). Was this meant to fit another cab other than the Aero City? Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_1238~2-02.jpeg
    DSC_1238~2-02.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 458
Looks like an aero city panel with a repro overlay. Don't think it's wider at the bottom, but the angle of the shot makes it look that way. In addition to the logo being misplaced and the 2p side directions being the wrong way, the font is the same size as jump/crouch, whereas the original has smaller/thinner font for the side directions.

Take a look at an original for comparison.

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 105
Looks like an aero city panel with a repro overlay. Don't think it's wider at the bottom, but the angle of the shot makes it look that way. In addition to the logo being misplaced and the 2p side directions being the wrong way, the font is the same size as jump/crouch, whereas the original has smaller/thinner font for the side directions.

Take a look at an original for comparison.
Thank you for the quick reply! I was hoping it was not a repro, but I guess this is the dice we roll with our hobby :)

Seimitsu made these panels for different cabinets, the one in your picture is curved at the bottom and not made for Aero City. It is genuine, I've seen it in old Seimitsu catalogs.

Thanks Dos, that is good to hear. I wonder which cabinet it was made for. I've tried looking at various cabinet panels and can't match it. Probably a good thing as it stops me from spending more to acquire the cabinet! :)

I'll let you know when I get home, I know I have a picture of one mounted somewhere

Seimitsu made these panels for different cabinets, the one in your picture is curved at the bottom and not made for Aero City. It is genuine, I've seen it in old Seimitsu catalogs.
Yeah, looking at it again you're right. The edge distance of the bottom center hole is greater than the top.

Thanks Dos, that's great detective work. I appreciate it. Hmmm, so this means it was missing the attached Egret 29 cabinet when I bought the panel - I shall have to ask the shop to send it in the post :)

What's interesting from the catalogue images is that the error on the printing (side of Forward / Back) is correct on the Aero one, even though both are from the same company. This might also account for my woeful skills on fighting games :)

Reactions: dos
And the catalog if anyone wants it along with a Sanwa one also from 2005-2006 and a Sanwa from 1992 (if anyone has more of these from 80s/90s/early 2000s please post!)

Seimitsu 05-06 https://mega.nz/file/M9JDEJqD#N16gy1_dS8AMjhut8WoJh7rSZVi8tlO8CMKSOBjYo70
Sanwa 05-06 https://mega.nz/file/llIDTQDK#xKge04JZLfgl9E38fkw9DH0y3zrN6BteXtaKftNGNT8
Sanwa 1992 https://mega.nz/file/55AmXLKZ#oF1nTDZ_cKwjjRtUIV-fpktOnYXJ6F03CYnrwebtTF0
Thanks for sharing those catalogs... great stuff. @xb74 have a look at 'em.

Back