What's new

TheDeath

Professional
Reaction score
Do any of you guys tryed some of this stuff on a whole pcb?
I've read that this consist in some Peroxide/Ammonium Acid mixed with some stuff like Urea or so. I'm not a chemical at all so i don't know what the real formula is all about, but i found it super usefull for those had piles of spares to get components from, basically in one shot.
It would be cool to figure out the solution and try made one. The solution used in the video is also melting only solder and nothing alse, not even plastic parts.
Any idea?

I think what you are looking for is a hydrogen peroxide / fluoboric acid mix. I can ask the wife later tonight, she used to be a chemist in another life, still refuses to make crystal meth without any of the bad side effects :D

I think what you are looking for is a hydrogen peroxide / fluoboric acid mix. I can ask the wife later tonight, she used to be a chemist in another life, still refuses to make crystal meth without any of the bad side effects :D
Thats pretty cool, thanks!! Too bad for the meth ahah
thanks for your help, i really wanna try this stuff once

Ok, so she agrees that a peroxide fluoroboric mix should work at dissolving/removing tin/lead alloy.
The reaction should be quick 20-30 minute soak should do it, there is a chance that it might attack the copper layer also but should not be crazy.
Then she rambled some other shit, and tried to explain the reaction process and yeah I lost interest after that and started drinking my coffee.

Peroxide
Formula: H2O2
Mass: 34.0147 g/mol

Fluoroboric
Formula: HBF4
Mass: 87.81 g/mol

Mix:
H2O2
13.61 (14) grams per liter

HBF4
219.51 (220) grams per liter

Water
1 Liter

She says to dissolve HBF4 first into water as that has the higher molecular weight, then add the H2O2
Regular tap water should be fine or use filtered water, lab/reagent grade water is too expensive, not really useful for the application
Oh, she says maybe do it outside or in a well-ventilated room, wear gloves, etc cause you are dissolving lead, etc...

Last edited:
Oh, disclaimer, we take no responsibility for whatever happens if anyone tries this, do it at your own risk :P:D

So whos trying it???

Thats awesome, i will defenetly try once. Thank you very much for the effort on asking, at least you got your coffe :D
i just tried today some of my own, reading here and there, using Muriatic Acid (Hydrochloric 30%) and that actually it is working, but it's extremely slow on process. Just to take out some regular SMD asics took nearly 4 Hours, and it's still there, outside my lab for the night. Its' doing the job but not quickly.
I then bought 1LT of nitric acid, and i've read that this should do a better and quicker job, mixing it with the muriatic on a 3/1 ratio (you basically obtain ACQUA REGIA, i don't know how is called in english).
I will anyway try your solution after this one, since it's obviously coming from someone that knows this stuff.

oh man, i was looking to buy the chemicals, the wife is checking with vendors she used to deal with to see if she gets whats needed. But like everything prices are crazy here. If i get them ill post up what ends up happening.

Back