What's new
It's not that complex of a setup, there are 3 boards. the CPU board which is a normal PC mother board. The "main board" which plugs into the CPU board through the graphics card slot; the main board has the JAMMA edge, handles all of the I/O, audio well as Graphics processing. And then the ROM board which sits on top of the main board.

I'm sure if pulled off the ROM board I can identify the Audio circuit, but really all I've wanted out of this thread is to find someone else who owns this PCB to get some basic questions answered.

I managed to source an English language manual for this game.

Interestingly this manual removes all references to the DC connector; pretty much ignores it's existence.

also interestingly the audio connector on the main board is clearly stated as being AFTER the amp, it's not a pre-amp out like I thought, which I guess means the amp still could be the culprit on my board, but it also makes me wonder why they even bothered with the connector.

Another fun fact, the last two pages of the manual are a EULA for MS DOS :D apparently this board runs some version of DOS, which is rather interesting since it came out in 1998.

It does make a kind of sense in that DOS gave a lot more low level control of PC hardware than Windows 95/98 did, they were really more about making the PC accessible

A lot of games were still released as dual MS-DOS/Windows even around that period... MDK and Dungeon Keeper come to mind

Back