What's new
For Sale

BigSchmid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from Gate Ninety, does anyone else know of a website or supplier selling arcade ashtrays to hold coins? I know it's SUPPPPERRRR random and borderline irrelevant but I was just curious how everyone else get those ashtrays if they aren't going through the one website I know of. Cheers.

How's Rancor doing nowadays? He used to post regularly on shmups forums, but it seemed like he just vanished one day.

I'm still around. I spent 2020 and 2021 in Texas, then came back to Japan recently. Shipping prices since corona hit have gone insane, so I stopped actively selling stuff. The base price for an EMS shipment was about ~1200 yen in 2020. It's now 2400, and they're raising the price to 3200 in June. There are no more deals in Japan. Nothing is cheap anymore, so I feel like my job is finished.
Oh, and as for the ashtrays - no arcades allow smoking anymore. I think there was a big push for this in 2018, and I was buying tons from wholesalers and distributors for years. The ban is complete, and all of the ashtrays are gone. I haven't seen any available for at least two years now.

Back