What's new

obitus1990

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up an Ataxx board a while ago, and am putting it in a cabinet with a K7000. However, it will not sync. I am using it with the required JAMMA adapter. The board outputs both H and V negative sync, but, the JAMMA adapter seemingly provides the JAMMA negative composite sync (at least I think that's what the IC on the JAMMA adapter is there for). Any suggestions on how to get it to sync, and does anyone have the schematics (the manual doesn't include them, ops had to request them if they wanted them).

The solution was found elsewhere. The 28.636MHz crystal on the board needs to be changed out to a 26-ish MHz crystal to produce the proper H&V frequencies that most monitors expect. I changed it to 25MHz, since that's what I had on hand, and it synced perfectly.

Interesting. I have a stock one and it works with the HAS no problem (played it for a few hours, interesting game), but I haven't tried it in a cab yet.

What kind of monitor did they expect this game to have?

I really don't know. I couldn't get it to work 100% with my supergun (I tried both my Minigun and Parsec), connected to a Sony Trinitron consumer TV I modded for RGB SCART input. If I tried the composite out on the PARSEC, I got nothing on the screen as well. Using SCART on my PARSEC yielded garbage. The minigun via SCART to the same TV would give me what looked like an image that needed VHOLD adjusted. It would bounce/roll for about a minute then stabilize, but, the image position was off on the screen. If I tried it on an LCD via the OSSC, it would sync fine.

All I can add is that the stock crystal gives you a h-frequency of 16,7kHz and a v-frequency of 65,8Hz.

Ah, this is good to know. It'd be nice to play this again.

Back