What's new
I think the only one that has issues is Samurai Shodown 6 (IIRC some of the backgrounds have graphical anomalies).

SS6 has weird corruption in the White House stage in America and in another stage. I remember hearing somewhere that -some- Dolphin Blue bootlegs had problems? Ah, so the multicart project is known then. Hopefully we'll hear news about it this year. Very interesting stuff, I enjoyed the various pictures in the thread. Thanks for the link!

I have a metal slug 6 bootleg and it plays perfect, as far as I can tell.

I love it.
Same and that includes my boot of Rumble Fish 2 I got back 2014 for around 50 bucks and only tested two days ago, both work great as far as I can tell. Saying that it would be nice to have my MS6 flashed for permanent blood but heigh-ho^^.

I know this is an old topic, but curious if anyone has any video footage or screenshots of how bad the glitches are for Samurai Shodown VI? At this point I've come to the realization I'm never going to find a reasonably priced original LOL, but still would like to have one to play on every once in awhile. So considering going the bootleg / reproduction unit route. Just curious how bad it is and if it's really just isolated to one stage?

I know this is an old topic, but curious if anyone has any video footage or screenshots of how bad the glitches are for Samurai Shodown VI? At this point I've come to the realization I'm never going to find a reasonably priced original LOL, but still would like to have one to play on every once in awhile. So considering going the bootleg / reproduction unit route. Just curious how bad it is and if it's really just isolated to one stage?
it's really not bad, it'S only like a small section of the graphics of the white house stage, it feels like it's missing something.

Just go for it.

I picked up a Guilty Gear X 1.5 cart (pics in the attachments). The label seems off (square corners, not stuck down around the edges/middle, white S/N bar coloring seems red). It has a foil sticker, but there's also one stuck to the back. Does the board seem legit though? It seems fine at a glance, but is there any way to verify it isn't a repro too?

All the pics I find online have similar repro-looking labels: the stock image from surugaya, one that sold on arcadeotaku last year that also appeared to be an original board:
aw_ggx1_5_2.jpg

the one in @buffi 's collection pic on AO:
1698886957243.png

Does anyone have one with a non-"repro" label? Makes sense that this game would get repro'd more often since it's harder to find now, but it just seems strange that the few I've been able to find seem to have original boards with crappy labels.

Attachments

• IMG_20231031_223343.jpg
    IMG_20231031_223343.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20231031_223327.jpg
    IMG_20231031_223327.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20231031_223440.jpg
    IMG_20231031_223440.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20231031_224207.jpg
    IMG_20231031_224207.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20231031_223701.jpg
    IMG_20231031_223701.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20231031_224116.jpg
    IMG_20231031_224116.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 43
feel the center of the label and if there is a bump in the plastic beneath or if it's smooth. That will tell you if the cart housing is original (smooth) or repo (bump in middle)

the PCB does look original so it could just be a repo label.

bizarrely I've found a handful of bootleg KOFXI carts with original case and label (unique serials too) but bootleg PCBs.

feel the center of the label and if there is a bump in the plastic beneath or if it's smooth. That will tell you if the cart housing is original (smooth) or repo (bump in middle)
I don't have any repro carts to compare against, but it feels pretty smooth to me. I saw your pic here and I can't feel anything like that. Mine does have ABS 2 printed in the plastic on the underside (fourth picture).
bizarrely I've found a handful of bootleg KOFXI carts with original case and label (unique serials too) but bootleg PCBs.
Yeah, that's weird. Conversions?

Thanks for the tip.

Most ggx1.5 ive seen have had real shitty peeling labels (incl) mine.

Not sure whats up with that. The pcbs in yours are legit (mine too)

My best guess is that this game just shipped with really shit labels, since thats all ive seen. Its a very limited release fwiw

My best guess is that this game just shipped with really shit labels, since thats all ive seen. Its a very limited release fwiw
Yeah, could be. Cool, thank you for confirming.

Back