What's new

tikkos

Beginner
Reaction score
hi everybody,i bought this atomiswave from aliexpress.
it does work but the picture isnt that clear,might need a sync cleaner or something,i did open it up and i saw that there was soldering repair done on this board.does anybody know what these three parts are and if i should replace them?
hope someone can help.
greetings from tikkos

Attachments

• 20210107_085958.jpg
    20210107_085958.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 20210107_085938.jpg
    20210107_085938.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 176
Looks like a capacitor, a voltage regulator (IC34) and a transistor (Q16).

thanks apocalypse. do i have to change them with new ones and is there a schematic with parts numbers and their values?
tried looking on google but nothing to find?

Only replace the parts if they are proved faulty.
Someone with an unmolested unit could probably tell you the ref of IC34 and Q16. The capacitor could be desoldered and measured but given the size and position (power filtering) I'd go for something like 47 or 100µF.

Are you taking the image form the jamma or the vga? Did you tried both?

Are you taking the image form the jamma or the vga? Did you tried both?
Hi kaicer i toon it from the vga,cause i wanne consolize it,would a sync cleaner help?its video noise not vertical or horizontal problems,or would a jrok video encoder solve it?

The AW have a dip to change from jamma to vga if I remember. But you need to check the video from the jamma to discard problems with that too. Also psu like nem mention can give some problems. That board is a little finiky.

The AW have a dip to change from jamma to vga if I remember. But you need to check the video from the jamma to discard problems with that too. Also psu like nem mention can give some problems. That board is a little finiky.
Thank you all for your replys, i am using an atx 600w psu, as for the dip switch i tried that allready,
ordered some rca rgb plugs from aliexpress when they arrive i can try the jamma harness and see if its beter,
what power supply do you suggest? (I can adjust the 5v on my atx psu from 4.8 to 5.2v have it on 5.0v now)

hi everyone,i got my game todat king of fighters and hooked everything up via a jamma harness,the image thru vga is now perfect????
and everything workks fine now,i also hooked up rgb via the harness but no picture through rgb?? my pvm does get a signal but its in four part screen?? i think it needs a sync signal,do i have to use sync over green and if so how do i just wire sync and green together?? i have no idea,please help(my pvm has a seperate sync but i wanne hook it up to my big lcd tv wich has only rgb no sync)
greetings marco
ps excuse my type mistakes but i am dutch..

Hi kikaso ,yes i did flip the switch i think its the 15khz 31khz switch the other one is menu switch i believe, i switches them all tried it several ways.

Back