What's new

peradam

Student
Reaction score
Hello! I have an Atomiswave SD cabinet with some odd monitor issues. Best I can describe it is some sort of horizontal jitter to the image that comes and goes randomly, where some horizontal lines will bounce left/right very quickly. I've aware of the reliability issues with the stock Wei-ya chassis and PSU on these machines... I have tried replacing the PSU with a Meanwell, done a recap of the chassis (pretty much everything but the filter cap), tried various known working boards, but the issue persists. Anyone have advice or insight on other things to check or replace? I recorded a video of the issue here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmxgVkqvL2Q

I had that issue on 31khz only. I recapped and reflowed adjustment pots, didn’t help. Next step was try to reflow the transistors, and after that whatever else I could find, but never got that far and ended up replacing the whole monitor.

Is it the same chassis?

Attachments

• IMG_20221022_154143_986.jpg
    IMG_20221022_154143_986.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20221022_154203_836.jpg
    IMG_20221022_154203_836.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 70
I wound up taking the chassis out again, replaced the filter capacitor with a new one, reflowed most of the old solder on the chassis and neck board, reconnected everything and...the jitter seems to be gone! I let it run for about an hour and the picture was stable the entire time. Success!

Nice, I also hear it’s recommended to get a small fan blowing on the chassis/neckboard as well since they run super hot if you want to get some more life out of it.

Back