What's new
If it's any good I'm going to put it in my Astro. Already have a NVS-4000 installed so running JVS is not an issue. If I decide to keep it in the cab I'll order a bezel filler kit from riverservice.

Have you got a link of this kit? Might be worthwhile replacing my MS9 on the naomi clone and fit this monitor - if the kit works.

There used to be some info on their website but it's now gone. I emailed them about 6 months ago and they do still sell them

Interesting!

That should also fit the bezel I currently have for the clone Naomi since it's the same tube as my astro (Toshiba A68GJU96X)

Did you get indicative pricing on these?

Update on the Wells Gardner.

If you're only after a cheap monitor for 31k then It's definitely worth the price.

A lot of the things I've read about these Monitors I've also found to be true. There's a loud buzzing sound when running 15k and picture quality isn't the best.
For hi res stuff it's very good but I'd hate to be switching resolution on this thing as the on screen menu is a right pain to navigate.

TLDR;
31k only? go for it. 15k? quite a shitty experience.

At this stage I'm considering picking up one of the NOS NAMCO Toshiba PF clones from Zax Amusements but at $1540 that's a hard pill to swallow.

-Isy

Damn, that's not ideal, would be a good monitor perhaps for a Blast. but 15khz is kinda essential with an Astro... are you after a tube or chassis or both mate? If this cab shipment goes ahead in Japan, I'm pretty sure I could get something sorted?

The NOS from Zax would be good, but that price doe :/

I think it would be OK in a Blast as long as you're happy living with the bezel gap.

Always looking for potential tube upgrades or spares so if you happen to source any from your supplier I'd be all over it man.

$1500 for that monitor is a bit steep but I guess that's just the way things are going and will only continue to get worse.

Yeah, it's getting that way for sure unfortunately... sold one of my Astro's which in hindsight I shoulda held onto, will be replacing that cab shortly with others though. I'll PM you if I get any leads as usual matey.

That's very good news! I was very very close to getting it, but the Naomi clone worked out for me.

I know jomac can fix the chassis, I'm happy with the hi res image (I've never seen a Toshiba pf, do I'm none the wiser) and the best part about the Naomi clone was I was able to setup anothet candy cab from it due to the spare ms9 tube/chassis I had for only 200 more!

Granted I've spent a little on it now to get a proper Sega cp on it, got the proper hinges for the cp and proper mounting plate in the cp.

hey Australians!

I'm looking for 2x CPS2 HAS kick harnesses, the final pieces to the Gundam Zaft2 4p Puzzle. Hoping someone with crimping powers can help me out, PM me!

I have a crimper and can do it for you, I just don’t have the cps-2 connectors... is the HAS cable the same as the Sentinel @Frank_fjs ?

Update on the Wells Gardner.

If you're only after a cheap monitor for 31k then It's definitely worth the price.

A lot of the things I've read about these Monitors I've also found to be true. There's a loud buzzing sound when running 15k and picture quality isn't the best.
For hi res stuff it's very good but I'd hate to be switching resolution on this thing as the on screen menu is a right pain to navigate.

TLDR;
31k only? go for it. 15k? quite a shitty experience.

At this stage I'm considering picking up one of the NOS NAMCO Toshiba PF clones from Zax Amusements but at $1540 that's a hard pill to swallow.

-Isy
Howdy... Nice to hear your Wells Gardner works.

Ordered one from Highway because of the prices as well but was dead on arrival... currently trying to figure out a fix...

Went to all the trouble of making it fit (had to make a floating chassis base to replace the weiya) in my Atomiswave SD, should have powered it first before spending all that time.

Crappy support from highway with second hand stuff, didn't want to know me when I rang them. :(

Yeah that was my experience when I purchased the Naomi clone. After a week of powering on and off the monitor died.

Fortunately for me, jomac was able to fix

Yeah that was my experience when I purchased the Naomi clone. After a week of powering on and off the monitor died.

Good to hear... but man, WA is along way to send a chassis to be repaired.

I have somebody in Vic but he takes forever... my original weiya chassis has been sitting on his bench for 16 months, he can't find parts.

Currently trying to figure out solution of replacing with a 27" 4:3 Multisync LCD. Even though they don't exit, the first company to make them will make a fortune.

Good to hear... but man, WA is along way to send a chassis to be repaired.
I have somebody in Vic but he takes forever... my original weiya chassis has been sitting on his bench for 16 months, he can't find parts.

Currently trying to figure out solution of replacing with a 27" 4:3 Multisync LCD. Even though they don't exit, the first company to make them will make a fortune.
It is far, but the work Jomac does is worth it. He turns them around quickly and everything is sent back express post.

Back