What's new
I would rather get my HAS supergun traded than spending more for a switch.
I already have 4 superguns and it's good time to downsize my stuff.

I believe BIG W have them in stock, a friend of mine picked one up from there recently. There was a massive shortage during quarantine, but things are returning to normality thankfully. You can get 5L Isopropyl bottles cheap again :)
Woo! $27 for a 1L bottle with free shipping - will have to do that soon

A great COVID cure too, if Pete Evans' magic light machine is out of your reach. Pro-tip, store it in the freezer like you would vodka.

Good tip. I had my bottle in a hot room and it slowly disappeared.

I'd be happy with $30 for 5L which I think was their normal price at the time :( it'll get back there

$27 for 1L is still reasonable when the last bottle I bought was $15 from Jaycar for 250mL

So I am interested, but whatI want will be quite annoying because I want a variety of button colours :P (all seimitsu for a super neo) and a couple of OBSF-24s, together with the JIS screwdriver.

Best bet would usually be akishop.jp in Japan who stock both Seimitsu, Brook and many other nice items. My last few orders from them have taken a very long time (2-3 months) and this was pre-Coronavirus.

My last order was a mess and they ended up forgetting to ship me my sticks after 10 weeks of waiting, and only shipped all the other random cab parts I had ordered. It sorted itself out in the end, but not without opening a PayPal case. So yeah. Just be warned. They’re good people, just take a very long time. The benefit with them has always been that their shipping to Australia is very reasonable.

When ordering sticks on eBay, there’s always the possibility of getting dodgy Chinese knock offs. Best advice would be to buy from someone who is involved in the community, such as FocusAttack or ArcadeShock where you’ll find other goodies to help ease the pain of high shipping.

Good luck!
I had a similar issue with them around 2014, they shipped only half of my order and they never shipped the rest and never responded to any of my messages. not impressed TBH.

The only reason I've ordered from akishop is they seem to be the only retailer that have the sanwa .110 covers.

I know focusattack have previously sold them, but they have none in stock.

FA or AS are my normal "go to" people for arcade parts - shipping is just a killer!

Sorry I've been unresponsive for a couple of days. I've received the new Vewlix cabinet and am really happy with it. Unfortunately it's exhibiting some intermittent issues with the Taito Type X2, but so far the seller has been very responsive and should have me sorted out next week. I have an ever-growing list of questions as a new Vewlix owner, but will try and refrain from polluting this thread. :)

For the order with akishop, if the site says "Currently not in stock but if you order today we can have the parts shipped out to you in a couple of days" should it be taken with a grain of salt? Of the four things I'm thinking about, none are in stock atm, and given the above discussions around length of time delivering/no replies, I'm wondering if I should use someone else.

Is there a discord for arcade machine owners (especially if they're Australian and/or Vewlix?). Is the /r/cade one the best option?

My experience with akishop ording some buttons was that it took them about a month to actually get them shipped out.
I didn't get any replies to my questions either.

I have an ever-growing list of questions as a new Vewlix owner, but will try and refrain from polluting this thread. :)
Where did you get your Vewlix from? You don't normally see those in AU

This is kind of random and specific. But does anyone have a broken Taito F3 board?

Specifically one that has been broken due to the sync voltage being turned up?

I fixed an F3 recently with busted sync and I'm not sure what caused it to fail, but I really want to look at a board with this failure and see if it's the same. If it is, whoever sends me their dead board gets a free repair :P

PS5 hardware unveil... this thing is ugly as sin... and why they designed it in a way that it's not possible to lay the console sideway anymore..... also the lineup is extremely boring as well...

8E25E3C2-0284-4ED5-848C-EAA9FB4A8F27.jpeg

The controller is ugly. The white makes it even worse :(

Deathloop sounds cool though.

Back