What's new
Yes, I’m working with Martin to get a few items brought over, namely a PRAS3, Chunithm, Time Crisis 2, and 10 x 43cm Taito stools.

I’ll likely be selling the 10 x stools, PRAS3, and Taito bench (That I imported last year) as they are all likely to no longer be needed in my line up.

If you’re after anything I’d suggest getting in contact with him 👍

I’m not in to that scene (yet) but Martin is, so can likely give you more info if you’re interested… he’s got a bunch of Rhythm games already.

I picked up a Chunithm as they are becoming harder to get and they seem to be a good option for someone getting in to that scene 👍

Thanks mate. I didn’t realise there was a Japanese rhythm game collectors scene in Aust.

There aren't many of us but we're around :) We had a reasonably strong scene in the 2000's but naturally not the most profitable games overall (with the exception of a few very popular titles). So most of it got sold off or straight up thrown in the tip. I'm aware of at least 1 Beatmania IIDX and several DDR cabinets (pads and all) that ended up that way.

+1 for Martin. I've known him for a while now, good lad, hard worker and good at video games too. What more could you ask for.

I'm starting to get into them haha. The rhythm tengoku panel I've just finished up is heaps of fun.

Pop n music looks fun too as does Chuni.. Hell a lot of the rhythm games look fun!

When you see all the Exceleenas in this video it really makes you wonder how they got flogged so much. Surely there must be some really nice ones out there. One of mine had a kiwi 5c inside so I’m wondering if it came from this Yifans arcade.

View: https://youtu.be/n2qXoLhyCCk
Is this arcade still around? What a great lineup of cabs!!

There aren't many of us but we're around :) We had a reasonably strong scene in the 2000's but naturally not the most profitable games overall (with the exception of a few very popular titles). So most of it got sold off or straight up thrown in the tip. I'm aware of at least 1 Beatmania IIDX and several DDR cabinets (pads and all) that ended up that way.

+1 for Martin. I've known him for a while now, good lad, hard worker and good at video games too. What more could you ask for.
Still want to see a video of you beasting on DDR or EZDJ.

My dealings with Martin have been great. Nice prices, solid comms and lots of pictures.

Totally does. If only there was a podcast where someone interviewed the owner and we got to hear all the stories about it. Having so many Exceleenas at that time in NZ really seems out of place; so the owner must have been a true enthusiast.

An observation if I may - amazing how the longevity of the current online communities was born from the founding members attending arcades and meeting/competing. Lifelong bonds formed.
I would like to think this means arcades are still relevant within todays ever changing method of fostering "community" in games.

I guess "generous" is a very subjective word :D

Bidders are reminded that the vendor is bound by a strict timeline and a generous collection period has been arranged for the following dates and times:
Wednesday 15th March 2023 - Between the hours of 2pm and 4pm
Thursday 16th March 2023 - Between the hours of 2pm and 4pm
Friday 17th March 2023 - Between the hours of 2pm and 4pm

@xb74 I’ve lived in ACT and bought from allbids without issue. They are good for getting cheap step down transformers from US Embassy sales ☺️ This is obviously one of those auctions where the item is not in the showroom but the company themselves are your standard auctioneers.

Facebook link

700 for a blast without a chassis, seller is vague so the tube is probably toast.

Attachments

• 333660896_6403545612999695_7858483845496910746_n.jpg
    333660896_6403545612999695_7858483845496910746_n.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 50
Back