What's new
Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy 3rd Strike (CPS3) any tips on where I can find a seller in Australia?
Occasionally I see them pop up on Gumtree and FB Marketplace, if you are on either of those socials?

Yeah FB marketplace and AA would be the 2 to check - are you specifically wanting a 3S original setup? That might be tougher to find

If you are wanting a DS setup, grab any working CPS3 setup and you can buy additional SIMMS separately if it’s a New Generation or similar setup

Yeah FB marketplace and AA would be the 2 to check - are you specifically wanting a 3S original setup? That might be tougher to find

If you are wanting a DS setup, grab any working CPS3 setup and you can buy additional SIMMS separately if it’s a New Generation or similar setup

I ended up buying 3S setup I'm pretty sure the cart has been flashed to NoCD setup. I'm unsure if the battery was removed will confirm when it gets here.

If I need someone to reprogram I heard you can do that service? :D I'm on the G.C too so it's perfect if you can do that.

What I was thinking was getting BlueSCSI and Cart Flashed so I can load up games when I want to play them. (50min or so to flash)

Nice! CPS3 is a good system, 3S gets all the attention but Red Earth and the JoJos games are great too. Did you end up finding one in Oz or did you import from Japan?

If it’s NoCD it can be changed over to the CD version just so you can change games when you want. NoCD is good if you don’t want to have a drive connected and just want to play the one game

@hatmoose can get you sorted with a BlueSCSI and yes I’m on the GC if you want the cart flashed, takes about an hour or so to remove and reinstall

I usually use a new chip rather than reprogramming the existing one just because I’ve found it more reliable. I have programmed chips on hand

$1650 for CPS3 - Melb.

$390 for X-Men vs SF CPS2 - QLD.

I know it's expensive but auction sites were asking even more money.

It's not expensive man.. CPS3 usually fetches in the 2k mark so imo that's a really good price for a cps3 nocd japan 3s rev 4 board. I personally don't use cps3 for anything other than 3s, so having a "darksoft" cart isn't too important, the value of having the cart is the memory tester component.

The CPS2 board is roughly the going rate imo - especially if you're going to specifically use it for a darksoft kit.

Grats on the purchase, they're fantastic systems - just don't fart on the cps3 otherwise it might suicide, she's pretty fragile. Fortunately we have the darksoft bios if it suicides. Changing the battery on the cps3 cart is a bit of a pain compared to cps2 as you have to do it live :D

Got an email from distributor the No CD 3S is faulty so they are gonna replace it with a working CD Ver. 3S. And, show video and photos of it working.

Assuming A+B boards that's a pretty decent price.

I haven't heard ozhadou in a while, that's cool. They used to run the occasional tournament at Timeout in Box Hill, I believe one year they managed to get a few famous players over? Apparently Daigo was even in attendance but I missed out. I dropped off from fighters around 2008 but to see something here in our own home land come that far was wonderful.

I recently got back into 3rd, who do you normally play?

Got an email from distributor the No CD 3S is faulty so they are gonna replace it with a working CD Ver. 3S. And, show video and photos of it working.

That’s good news. The NoCD may be suicided rather than faulty (as @mR_CaESaR said they die if you look at them the wrong way on a Tuesday)

But even so, changing it out for a known working setup and video is what you want. I do photos/videos of everything I sell to show it’s working (if not being sold as faulty) before it goes out

That price isn’t bad either. They get snapped up here in minutes at $1000USD/EUR

The CPS2 is an excellent price. If the plan is to keep that as is I can install an OpenKey in it for you so you don’t need to worry about batteries dying or leaking

$1650 for CPS3 - Melb.

$390 for X-Men vs SF CPS2 - QLD.

I know it's expensive but auction sites were asking even more money.
Real nice prices on both those sets! Good cops.

Before you get the 3S setup sent, get the seller to send photos of the cart opened so you can make sure the battery hasn’t started leaking at all.

Highly recommend the entire CPS-3 library. All the other games are actually great and it’s good to change up from 3S once in a while. Small cost of entry given you’ve got a full set of SIMMs too (grab a BlueSCSI from @hatmoose and get @xodaraP to reflash your cart and you’re done).

Last edited:
Assuming A+B boards that's a pretty decent price.

I haven't heard ozhadou in a while, that's cool. They used to run the occasional tournament at Timeout in Box Hill, I believe one year they managed to get a few famous players over? Apparently Daigo was even in attendance but I missed out. I dropped off from fighters around 2008 but to see something here in our own home land come that far was wonderful.

I recently got back into 3rd, who do you normally play?

Yup A+B board.

I like playing Hugo! :D

That’s good news. The NoCD may be suicided rather than faulty (as @mR_CaESaR said they die if you look at them the wrong way on a Tuesday)

But even so, changing it out for a known working setup and video is what you want. I do photos/videos of everything I sell to show it’s working (if not being sold as faulty) before it goes out

That price isn’t bad either. They get snapped up here in minutes at $1000USD/EUR

The CPS2 is an excellent price. If the plan is to keep that as is I can install an OpenKey in it for you so you don’t need to worry about batteries dying or leaking

I ended up getting darksoft kit CPS2 Champ Edition have you done installs of those? If you PM me and we can work something out.

Real nice prices on both those sets! Good cops.

Before you get the 3S setup sent, get the seller to send photos of the cart opened so you can make sure the battery hasn’t started leaking at all.

Highly recommend the entire CPS-3 library. All the other games are actually great and it’s good to change up from 3S once in a while. Small cost of entry given you’ve got a full set of SIMMs too (grab a BlueSCSI from @hatmoose and get @xodaraP to reflash your cart and you’re done).

Sounds good I'll talk to @xodaraP when the stuff arrives to get it sorted out. I can buy BlueSCSI from Aus PC Shop for decent price so I will do that.

Yup A+B board.

I like playing Hugo! :D

I ended up getting darksoft kit CPS2 Champ Edition have you done installs of those? If you PM me and we can work something out.

Yep, I’ve got my own and have installed a few others both the original and champ edition

I also wrote the setup/troubleshooting thread :)

Daigo came by in 2010 for EVO APAC :)

It was my last offline tournament I ever attended until November last year for OHN :D

So I got photos and videos of the working board everything seems to be in good shape.

The only thing is this is version 95682A-2. Is that ok?

Back