What's new
Looking at the board it has security nut over the white cover I'm guessing there is a battery inside. 😱

Also, can anyone confirm the Simms are Fujitsu.

Attachments

• 20240521_161347.jpg
    20240521_161347.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240521_161356.jpg
    20240521_161356.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240521_161359.jpg
    20240521_161359.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 21
that board *might* have a battery inside that can be desoldered easily to prevent leaking.

That said, ask them to use the mobo from the nocd one which was a 4 over the cyclone one (unless the board was what was at fault).

The rev3/4 boards are of course the newer ones but as long as the cps3 works, that's what you want.

I went through 6 cps3 boards to get 3 working sets.

Motherboard revision doesn’t matter. They all work the same. Same with the SIMMs — I’ve used all kinds of OG and repro RAM with no issues.

It will be highly unlikely there’ll be a battery under the white cover, they exist, but it’s not common, it doesn’t hurt asking to check that and the cart for battery issues. Better to be safe than sorry.

Setup looks mad clean. You did good. Keen to see you up and running.

Last edited:
I'll ask them to test CPS3 -4 Motherboard and if it works with the working CD and Cart I'll ask them to swap it. Wait and see.

My -2 had a battery in it… pays to open it up and check to be sure.

I do believe that only the -2 that have the CN and jumpers populated have the battery/ICs and under the cover… so that -2 may be safe since it’s lacking those.

Yep, it may have a small daughterboard on the bottom with an LS04 on it but it makes zero difference

It’s not like CPS2 where the later revisions have a key writing connector that makes things easier

It will probably have the cover and connections for a battery but it likely won’t have a battery on it

The SIMMS are definitely Fujitsu

Jesus.... I used to got two CPS3 board for $500.... what on tardiness with the price fluctuation

I think CPS3 boards are gonna become harder to find in U.S / Japan because Evo is buying up all stock. 😱

Anyone in VIC interested in two working, bright and burn free Samsung tubes from an Atomiswave SD? A68QCP-something something. Free, just the tubes.

I have three of these bloody things and I only needed 1 to do up a mates cabinet for sale as it owes him money.

Jesus.... I used to got two CPS3 board for $500.... what on tardiness with the price fluctuation

Haha it used to be even cheaper than that. I still think about my Warzard kit for $125au. If you go back long enough, even tops prices start to look amazing.

I don't think CPS3 stock is going to change too much for now. If you're willing to look overseas (and exercise some patience) there's always a handful for sale for a reasonable price.

However, imagine how many boards were scrapped over the years. It gets worse when you think about machines. Back when candy cabinets were practically worthless depending on who you asked they were a great source of monitors for Daytona lol, ugh.

Tournaments are starting to bring back 3S in a big way too as @Harineto pointed out

CPS3 prices are unlikely to go down any time soon, if ever

CPS3 price will drop when CPS3 core for MisterFPGA comes out.
Or we might see MARS with CPS3 core. To be honest CPS3 board is PITA to maintain / fix.

The CPS3 emulation in MAME/Fightcade is damn near perfect and that hasn’t reduced the demand for original hardware. If anything it has increased

It doesn’t matter how good Mister etc get - offline tournaments will always require original hardware

Big_P Big_P

Melbourne Victoria

Cps1 & 2 connectors and headers (kick harness), other cables and crimping, cab building, marquee and overlay design, custom vinyl printing (I get my printing done by my brother in law in Thailand so some lead time required), general help.

Streetfighter competition.

No website yet but feel free to pm me for anything.

Hey Aussies, I’ve asked this before I vaguely recall but just after a recap on what proxy service is recommended to buy something from YJ. I just want a chassis for now, but maybe will need a forwarder of some sort down the track to buy from other stores. Thanks in advance.

Hey Aussies, I’ve asked this before I vaguely recall but just after a recap on what proxy service is recommended to buy something from YJ. I just want a chassis for now, but maybe will need a forwarder of some sort down the track to buy from other stores. Thanks in advance.
Hey mate, FWIW I have used (or rather was forced to use) "World Shopping" and was not happy at the service at all. Poorly packed, expensive and a huge box for the items meaning that they undoubtedly banged around inside the box during shipping. So probably scratch that one off the list of proxy if it is offered to you. Sorry, I can't be of more help than that, though I am sure others will chime in soon with good recommendations!

Back