What's new
Hey Aussies, I’ve asked this before I vaguely recall but just after a recap on what proxy service is recommended to buy something from YJ. I just want a chassis for now, but maybe will need a forwarder of some sort down the track to buy from other stores. Thanks in advance.

I use dejapan. I used to use Buyee but they started charging me GST.

I use dejapan for just about everything these days, even talking to specific vendors/distributors in Japan for one offs. Customer service is good, they're slow as shit sometimes when buying through Mercari which is about the only negative I can think of for now.

Be mindful that chassis are pretty hit or miss from YAJ, I'm assuming you're eyeballing something for a semi flat? I or someone here might have something kicking around :)

Can vouch for Dejapan, have used them numerous times without issue - great customer service!

As Caesar said their website is a bit outdated but I believe they have made changes in recent times.

Have recently used FromJapan as well, as they allow transactions to be paid in Yen - had a great experience with them too :)

I use dejapan. I used to use Buyee but they started charging me GST.

I use dejapan for just about everything these days, even talking to specific vendors/distributors in Japan for one offs. Customer service is good, they're slow as shit sometimes when buying through Mercari which is about the only negative I can think of for now.

Be mindful that chassis are pretty hit or miss from YAJ, I'm assuming you're eyeballing something for a semi flat? I or someone here might have something kicking around :)
Thanks for the info. Yes a 2931. There’re a few on YAJ that I can see have goo on them or parts missing from MrFrog but one other that looks okay from a different seller. But yes the one I’ve seen is listed as junk - unknown if working. There’s probably another layer of sales network that I’m not part of that trades these things in Japan. My Windy II has been down for a year and I really want to get it going. The Toshiba chassis for those are non existent but Jomac tells me a 2931 will do.

Thanks for the info. Yes a 2931. There’re a few on YAJ that I can see have goo on them or parts missing from MrFrog but one other that looks okay from a different seller. But yes the one I’ve seen is listed as junk - unknown if working. There’s probably another layer of sales network that I’m not part of that trades these things in Japan. My Windy II has been down for a year and I really want to get it going. The Toshiba chassis for those are non existent but Jomac tells me a 2931 will do.

I had a few stabs at buying a 2931/2933 from yaj and it didn't go so well sadly. If the MrFrog ones are what I'm thinking of; not in the tray. Those are being flipped from a seller who dumped them on to Mercari a year or so ago.

If you can live without 15k or can settle for line doubling into 31k, the 2932 and 2934 are also good options.

An absolute worst worst wooorrrrrst case scenario you could track down the Hitachi tube paired with a MS9-29. No it's not the correct tube for a Windy 2 but the shape of the glass is close enough at the edges that it wouldn't be a bad fit after all the usual mounting woes. Plus it's a MS9-29, ever had trouble finding or fixing one of those? If you're in Victoria I can help with this.

Best of luck!

I’ve used From Japan many times and have always been happy with how they have packed everything. They also allow you some time to buy multiple items and have them all shipped together

I’ve also heard good things about Zen Market, but haven’t used that service personally. I have had people direct ship me things for modding/repair and the packaging has been good

No problem, happy to help get you up and running

Looking forward to seeing some photos of your setup once you get your Supergun and your other boards

I had a few stabs at buying a 2931/2933 from yaj and it didn't go so well sadly. If the MrFrog ones are what I'm thinking of; not in the tray. Those are being flipped from a seller who dumped them on to Mercari a year or so ago.

If you can live without 15k or can settle for line doubling into 31k, the 2932 and 2934 are also good options.

An absolute worst worst wooorrrrrst case scenario you could track down the Hitachi tube paired with a MS9-29. No it's not the correct tube for a Windy 2 but the shape of the glass is close enough at the edges that it wouldn't be a bad fit after all the usual mounting woes. Plus it's a MS9-29, ever had trouble finding or fixing one of those? If you're in Victoria I can help with this.

Best of luck!

You can always get a Wei Ya C3129B, I have both a 2931 and C3129B and they look alright.

Best of luck!
Thanks mate. I’ll keep and eye for those and the Wei Ya @vaughan14. I guess there’re 50 other people around the world doing the same thing but I could get lucky.

Hey Aussies, I’ve asked this before I vaguely recall but just after a recap on what proxy service is recommended to buy something from YJ. I just want a chassis for now, but maybe will need a forwarder of some sort down the track to buy from other stores. Thanks in advance.
I have used buyee too a few times with no problems. It has been a while since I did though so don't know how they compare on price at the moment. There is usually some sort of promo going. They also have a bunch of options to pay for photos, add protective packaging, combine with other orders, etc.

I have used buyee too a few times with no problems. It has been a while since I did though so don't know how they compare on price at the moment. There is usually some sort of promo going. They also have a bunch of options to pay for photos, add protective packaging, combine with other orders, etc.
Thanks Gehirn. Good to hear there’s a few main providers that people can count on.

Bit late to this but I use ZenMarket and DeJapan a lot. Not had to deal with DeJapan's after sales service but Zen have always been pretty good and amazing at packing but Zen charges GST. Hate Buyee with a passion but that was mostly because of a bait and switch with one of their offers.

I grab quite a few things from YAJ so if you want me to include anything in my next order sing out.

Thanks guys. I rolled the dice with a chassis on dejapan. It was simple and seamless so far and I’ve already wish-listed a few things from the affiliated stores that I never spent time looking before. I’ll update here when it arrives.

Back