What's new
Mark your items as sold

themisterfalcon

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hello, I am working with a vendor I have used before to have chassis trays manufactured for properly mounting PFX chassis in an AWSD or E3 cabinet. Admittedly, this is not my design, I found the file on Arcade Otaku years ago and would love to credit the creator if/when I have time to dig. Update:

Credits to neokoen for the design (and the photo below).

The tray will be produced with 20 gauge cold rolled stainless steel and ready to drop in.

- Pricing is yet to be finalized but after shipping to me, and then shipping to you, I estimate these to be somewhere around $150 USD each including shipping in the US.
- Overseas shipping is not available at this time. I will ship to Canada for an additional cost.
- If you are interested please respond to this thread. There are up to 9 slots available. I will be placing the order early next week.
- If you sign up for this, payment is due via PayPal F&F or Venmo F&F Only.

IMG_20181123_141809.jpg

Egret 3/AWSD Tray Interest List

First Run, 12 trays (Incorrect right guide hole) - $100 Each

1. themisterfalcon SHIPPED
2. bagheera369 SHIPPED
3. bagheera369 SHIPPED
4. bagheera369 SHIPPED
5. bagheera369 SHIPPED
6. dewman SHIPPED
7. dewman SHIPPED
8. Shinsengumi SHIPPED
9. Shinsengumi SHIPPED
10. Laveyrin SHIPPED
11. 310Imports SHIPPED
12. Laveyrin SHIPPED

Second Run, 8 trays (Guide hole Corrected) - $150 Each

1. plasticfactory SHIPPED
2. 8bitforlife SHIPPED
3. 300wins SHIPPED
4. 300wins SHIPPED
5. themisterfalcon SHIPPED
6. livelovedavidson SHIPPED
7. livelovedavidson SHIPPED
8. RickyTTT SHIPPED

Photos of the last tray I had produced using neokoen's design:

IMG_20181121_154722.jpgIMG_20181123_141809.jpgIMG_20181123_141819.jpgIMG_20181123_142402.jpg

neokoens photo of the tray produced in stainless steel
egret tray.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, that's my picture and design of the second tray made in stainless steel !
The first one went straight in my AWSD and never left it.
The design is free for anyone to use, good luck with your endeavor and yes shipping is always a killer.

The design is free for anyone to use, good luck with your endeavor and yes shipping is always a killer.

Thank you for your service!!! Can't wait to get these, and do the same. Nothing like a NOS PFX in those cabs.....at any resolution, they are just stunning.

Perhaps a stupid question, but does the PFX work with the stock Samsung CRT in the AWSD? Or do you also need a compatible tube for the PFX?

Perhaps a stupid question, but does the PFX work with the stock Samsung CRT in the AWSD? Or do you also need a compatible tube for the PFX?
PFX is single focus, the original tubes in AWSD are dual focus so the PFX chassis will not work with the original Samsung or Philips AWSD tubes.
I have seen a thread in the monitor section on this forum modifying a Toshiba chassis that would then work with those original tubes.

edit: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/toshiba-tri-sync-pbxx-pdxx-pexx-notes-mods.21081/

Awesome, I honestly couldn't even remember if I had taken this photo or what.

Thank you for all your hard work on this, It's helping a bunch of people.

I will edit the first post to give proper credit as well.

I also looked in another folder on my Google drive and found photos of the one I had produced in 20g. steel. I updated the original post with those in case you want to see it. Thanks again for this!

Put me down for 2 please.

We got started on this, I think some time ago, and lost touch over it, and I apologize.

All good, we were probably talking about this years ago. I'm closer to the manufacturer now though so this will help keep costs down.

I installed a PFX on an LG tube that was taken from a Buck Hunter that had a NeoTec chassis on it. The article neokoen linked helps explain more too.

Small update, I have been speaking with some friends who have gotten these in the past and have decided that Stainless Steel is in fact a better material than CRS as it is less to worry about from a finish perspective.

That being said, the price will go up to around $150 per tray including shipping within the US.

The original post edited/updated, those who have expressed interest have been contacted, and there are two more slots available as of right now.

Thanks for your interest!

1 slot left.

With this level of commitment, I have asked the production facility to start. Will keep you all updated with totals and shipping estimates via DM at this point. And if anyone wants the last one available, please post your interest in this thread.

Thanks, everyone!

Due to additional interest, I emailed the vendor first thing this morning asking if I could please squeeze a couple more into the order and they said yes - so the run is now 12 pieces. Trays should be in production this week, will keep everyone updated as things progress.

Original post updated, 1-2 slots available.

Hi everyone, the trays have left the factory and are coming to my house via freight sometime this week or next.

image (26).png

I still need to receive them, inspect them, do a test fit, and rebox for distribution – so a few weeks out at best, but I wanted to share an update regardless.

There is still one tray available for anyone who might need one.

Thanks again for your interest!

Hi everyone, the trays have left the factory and are coming to my house via freight sometime this week or next.

image (26).png

I still need to receive them, inspect them, do a test fit, and rebox for distribution – so a few weeks out at best, but I wanted to share an update regardless.

There is still one tray available for anyone who might need one.

Thanks again for your interest!

This is news that makes my heart happy.

Back