What's new
Got it, thanks. I guess I misunderstood your comment about the yoke! (I guess the context was that you thought the yoke might've given up the ghost?)

Back again with some more reporting.
I checked the horizontal section and everything checks out. My only thought is that maybe the replacement HOT isn't a good fit for this application? Really not sure, maybe I'll try swapping it back to the original I pulled off of it.
It's still sitting on my bench until I feel like plugging it in again to test.

I know this is a help subforum rather than a "look at my project" area, but since a couple of people here seem interested, I thought I would add this bit here as well.
I managed to find a broken TV being given away locally and have cannibalized it for parts, specifically the high voltage focus wire for the Toshiba PF chassis mod mentioned earlier.
Since I haven't seen confirmation anywhere of the pf mod to weiya swap setup actually working, I thought I would confirm here that it does indeed seem to work.
Picked up a pf chassis, did the required mods, shoved the second focus wire into the flyback, and here it is:
72150724030__D528063D-4ADD-4CFE-B231-099CBAD2B528.jpg

IMG_8162.jpg

IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8175.jpg

I'm missing the remote board so I can't make adjustments of any sort, and it lacks proper video input connectors and a handful of other things to make it complete.

Even with this, I am still not giving up on the Wei-ya.
More updates to come as I continue to troubleshoot it.

The way I understood the pf chassis swap is that you perform the modifications, then it simply plugs into the Wei-ya Samsung Yoke and tube (with plug adapters of course).
As @310Imports says, I've been messaging people looking around for some high voltage wire for the focus wire to try this out.

I'd still like to fix this chassis though, as I hate having broken stuff lying around.
I checked out the caps listed in the notes from @GeekMan1222 but they all check out ok, though in all fairness, it's vertical stuff which looks fine anyway.
I will move on to check the horizontal section soon and update the thread.

Back