What's new

kasaski

Student
Reaction score
Does anyone have a high quality scan or reproduction of an original AWSD instruction space insert ? The only repro I can find available online is 20mm short of the proper size and leaves too much room on either side once inserted. I have an extremely faded and damaged original insert that confirms the original sizing of 535mm. I've been unable to find any scans myself.

its extremely faded but ill try to take a scan of it today. thanks!

I don't have a feeding scanner so I did the best I could do limited to an a4 space :whistling:. I hope its not to hard to stitch them together
The included repro is there for colour reference but i dont think the scan is very accurate, it looks a bit more purple in person. Once stitched together you'll also see how its undersized.
65361.jpg65360.jpg

To confirm dimensions I've taken photos as well, 535 x 84mm
65363.jpg65364.jpg

Hopefully theses help :)

I stitched these up. They would be have to be remade to look good enough to print. The background looks annoying to make though.

Attachments

• atomismave_instruction_space_orig.png
    atomismave_instruction_space_orig.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 94
  • atomismave_instruction_space_repro.png
    atomismave_instruction_space_repro.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 89
Nice nem the stitching looks great. I also never realised the extra detail in the middle that the repro is missing compared to the original, hopefully someone skilled enough can recreate it accurately and share it. :D

Still surprised there doesn't seem to be any scans of an original strip in good condition floating around.

Guess I should've made an update on this a while back in case anyone else was interested. I ended up finding an incomplete vector online. I fixed some of the existing work to be more accurate and created the rest of the missing graphics. Its been uploaded to the AWSD page on the arcade otaku wiki for anyone to use: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/b/b0/Awsd_instruction_insert.zip

Preview:
1664439616063.png

For best results, before printing I recommend rasterizing the the background gradient and adding a noise filter in photoshop to make it look smoother, vector gradients can look pretty awful.

Last edited:
Back