What's new
For Sale

notsonic

Champion
Reaction score
PXL_20221112_203949199.jpg

I did a run of 20 of drewmansnk's AWSD PSU Interface PCBs to use with a Mean Well QP-150-3A. This is designed for AWSD cabinets but it shares a common pinout with the Vewlix Wei-Ya JVS PSU harness as well (I actually don't have an AWSD). It's not pictured but a ground stud is included. It's sized to act as a standoff to prevent flexing the board when plugging stuff in. The volt meters are calibrated to my multimeter for the 5v readout. When switched to 3.3v it reads 0.01v lower than my multimeter. I highly recommend checking the volt meter vs your own multimeter and calibrating if necessary.

Price is $35 assembled by hand by me shipped to the continental US.
International orders are $30 plus actual shipping. (should be around $15).

Please don't order 10 if you only need 2.

17 boards are available.

If you want the extra pins set for 3.3v or -5v I can do that before sending out. Note that the Vewlix harness uses these pins for 3.3v but they're unused in the AWSD, afaik.

Handy Links
Power supply:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/QP-150-3A?qs=V9a8iPeg90ygfz3cby3E%2BQ==

Mounting feet:
https://www.avoutlet.com/power-products/terminal-blocks/mean-well-mhs012-panel-mount-feet/

Voltage display:
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/225183...83.0.0.206f62fepYHKGu&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Full credit goes to @drewmansnk for the design:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/awsd-power-supply-interface-pcb.12091/

If anyone is curious, the cost breakdown for making these was as follows:
OSH Park PCBs: $104.60
JST connectors: $37.52
Mini Fit Jr connectors and Switch: $83.07
Volt Meters: $24.89
----------------------------------
Total: $250.08 or about $12.51 per board.

ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. BOARDS WILL BE TESTED PRIOR TO SHIPPING. I CANNOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL INSTALL IT CORRECTLY. I WILL NOT REPAIR YOUR GAMES. PLEASE BE SURE TO VISUALLY INSPECT PRIOR TO INSTALL.

Attachments

• PXL_20221016_040741337.jpg
    PXL_20221016_040741337.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Bump. It seems like no one is interested at all. Dropped the price to $30.

Would there be more interest if I got the volt meters? I didn't include them because shipping from Aliexpress takes forever.
Would there be interest in complete packages with a power supply, feet, and harness?

Here's some pics of it installed in my Vewlix F powering a Naomi GD-Rom setup (excuse the grime, it's authentic JDM). It's a complete plug and play replacement for the crappy Wei-Ya JVS power supply.

PXL_20221025_224929998.jpg PXL_20221025_234547951.jpg PXL_20221025_235156024.jpg

I'm a fan of the volt meters. :) Might need another of these soon!

I just received the volt meters. I'll try to install them over the weekend and then adjust the price accordingly. Unless they're a huge pain in the ass I'm hoping to only raise it back to $35 to cover the meters, mounting hardware, installation, and additional testing.

Bump. Installing the volt meters is a huge pain in the ass. I updated the original post. So far I've calibrated all the meters and installed 4. I'm waiting on more nylon hardware which should come in the next day or two. Feel free to order. (Please :) )

Bump. It seems like no one is interested at all. Dropped the price to $30.

Would there be more interest if I got the volt meters? I didn't include them because shipping from Aliexpress takes forever.
Would there be interest in complete packages with a power supply, feet, and harness?

Here's some pics of it installed in my Vewlix F powering a Naomi GD-Rom setup (excuse the grime, it's authentic JDM). It's a complete plug and play replacement for the crappy Wei-Ya JVS power supply.

PXL_20221025_224929998.jpg PXL_20221025_234547951.jpg PXL_20221025_235156024.jpg
I would love the complete package plug and play IF you make some let me know I will take two for sure maybe up to four

I would love the complete package plug and play IF you make some let me know I will take two for sure maybe up to four
I guess harness is kind of ambiguous. What would you expect out of a wiring harness? JVS? Jamma? Some intermediary connector?

When I mentioned it I was only thinking of the short Vewlix JVS harness like I have in my picture.

This is 100% plug and play on AWSD/E3 and Vewlixes with the Wei-Ya PSU. Do you mean for some other candy cab or other application?

If so, Dos can probably make you a harness.

How about a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale? $30 shipped for 1, $50 shipped for 2, USA only.

Use offer code "but you said it was $30" today!

Back