What's new
I received my multi back from mitsurugi yesterday. It is in working order. Thank you for the firmware update as well! I'm very pleased with this item.

Everyone has a story... So I help organize a weekly fighting game event in my home town. We play old man games on CPS-2 & 3, that I bring. They're a nice break from the tournament grind! So one week a buddy and I went to play some Pocket Fighter. I swapped out the B board from my UD-CPS2 A Board, fired it up and when we plugged in the controllers, it went solid blue. My best guess was ESD killed the B board.

This was my first loss of a game. The $$. The collection. The struggle is real!!! That very night I learned about this very CPS-2 Multi. I was so sold on it instantly. I immediately prepared that dead Pocket Fighter for this kit. I promised myself I would never lose another B Board and immediately sold them all.

So, long story longer, we were preparing for a special event, the Pre-EVO party, in July, where fighting games were going to be the focus. Sadly all the issues with slipping deadlines and it not working meant I could not offer CPS-2 to our guests. My own fault for selling off my collection before I had this system up and running. We had almost 600 fighting game fans at our party. They loved playing 3rd Strike on my resurrected SuperBIOS CPS-3 and a buddy luckily brought Super Turbo, so we were way good.

Now that it's all behind me, I can't wait to share this at our weekly on Tuesday! Thanks again for all the amazing stuff you guys do!!!
Thank you for supporting us. Glad you have a happy ending.

Hi,

i have the same problem. A-Board is working fine. Tried a 2nd working B-Board -> same problem. checked the jumpers 5 times. Reflowed the small pcb and interconection pcb. I am using a F-PAL

P1050247.JPG
P1050245.JPG
P1050251.JPG

Attachments

• P1050248.JPG
    P1050248.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 1,345
  • P1050250.JPG
    P1050250.JPG
    303.3 KB · Views: 255
  • P1050252.JPG
    P1050252.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 218
Hi,

i have the same problem. A-Board is working fine. Tried a 2nd working B-Board -> same problem. checked the jumpers 5 times. Reflowed the small pcb and interconection pcb. I am using a F-PAL

P1050247.JPG
P1050245.JPG
P1050251.JPG
Well, code is working so that should run out the program PCB and the tiny PCB. My guess is that either the jumpers are not properly fixed or you didn't push the big PCB of the multi completely. Make sure also that the pins are all there and in place.

i checked the jumpers more then enough. Pins are all in working order. i cant push the main pcb any further. The same problem with 2 different B-Boards.

Look very carefully all over your kit pcb for solder bridges. Look specifically at the tiny components that look like U96 all the way on the right of the kit pcb. These are very fragile. I have fixed three pcbs like this. Two had solder bridges and the other was damaged.

Also, inspect the sockets on the b-board itself. One I was asked to repair had damaged pins in the socket preventing it from making contact. Most off the time it is a pin issue, though.

i spent the whole day with my magnifying glass, searching for hidden bridges with a multimeter, reflowing, burning GALs, lifting PIN 9 and 7, trying another B-Board, making sure J17 is connected to CN3 .....

nothing changed!!

is there a way to test U93?

Can you take some high res pics of the main pcb?

BTW. You tested multiple games right?

P1050268.JPG
P1050266.JPG
P1050264.JPG
P1050262.JPG
P1050259.JPG

Attachments

• P1050261.JPG
    P1050261.JPG
    517.7 KB · Views: 209
  • P1050263.JPG
    P1050263.JPG
    587.2 KB · Views: 215
  • P1050265.JPG
    P1050265.JPG
    537.1 KB · Views: 223
  • P1050267.JPG
    P1050267.JPG
    472.3 KB · Views: 228
OK. Got your kit and fixed it.....You needed to format you microSD and copy the files again. That solved also the bars problem.

OK. Got your kit and fixed it.....You needed to format you microSD and copy the files again. That solved also the bars problem.
Hi Darksoft, I'm having the same issues... I have been trying everything for the last 6 hours... Checked all my jumpers with multimeter... Checked all connections to no avail... Can a bad micro SD card cause this? I have tried 3 so far... Please help.

Yes, kit is a little bit picky about microSD. Make sure you use 4Gb branded microSD, preferably Samsung and that you copy all files at once.

Yes, kit is a little bit picky about microSD. Make sure you use 4Gb branded microSD, preferably Samsung and that you copy all files at once.
i just checked everything again and it looks like I am missing a pin...

are these pins easy to replace? Soooo sad... I received the kit yesterday evening and have literally spent the entire day and its 4:30am the next day... Maybe I can run a jumper cables from bottom of my board to pin? Darksoft, will that work? It's one of 2 pins where it says R19 (right below the R).

Yes, running a cable will be your best option. I can send you a couple of pins to replace if you want.

Let me know how it goes.

Having a hard time finding a 4gb... Tried numerous different sd cards 8gb and up... Sandisk/kingston/adata. Will go out tomorow and try to find a small samsung.

Okay, so I found a 2gb micro and same thing... I dont think its the sdcard being that I tried about 10 different ones.... the bars dont look like what everyone else is having... My bars are solid colors moving around... You literally cannot make out what it is without the sound playing. Heres a pic... I think its a bad kit... I have tried everything...

Attachments

• IMG_20151113_071235.jpg
    IMG_20151113_071235.jpg
    746.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20151113_071252.jpg
    IMG_20151113_071252.jpg
    869.9 KB · Views: 193
Disassemble your kit from the CPS2 hardware, flip it upside down so the needles can be seen.

Take a high res picture of it, please.

Back