What's new

tom_salter

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Have a new Blast City with Nanao chassis. Got it all working this morning. Was having a few issues with wiring up the kick harness, so had to turn the machine on/off a few times (in hindsight I didn't have to, but...I did).

After wiring up the kick harness through to the control panel, turned it on... nothing from the display. I have neck glow but nothing on the display. I got a warning from the seller (JCL) that if I restarted the machine within 5 minutes of turning it off, it could damage the flyback. I totally forgot this advice when working on it :(

Any ideas? Do I need to send the chassis over to sharp image or could it be worse than that?

-Tom

I have turned my blast city on and off with in seconds , never had a problem.
Never heard of that before. If it's true, then I have been very lucky.

It’s worth saying that I don’t have any static on the monitor, but I do have the neck glow.

Def a chassis issue. I have turned my blasts on and off over short periods of time and never had an issue.

Is the chassis a nanao 2930 or 2931 chassis? i know JCL was using some toshiba pure flats in some of thier refurbed blast cities.

It's a 2930. I'll give Sharp Image Repair a call. So close to getting this running!

No such a thing. I’ve turned off the 2930 up to 20-30 times in various spans. Prob needs a full cap kit. Plus psu rebuilt

Back