What's new
For the new design, can you passthrough pin 25, both sides? It's used as button 5 on boards like the Atomiswave.
Yes, not sure why I didn't have that in schematic already. Thanks for the suggestion. Will add that

Reactions: nem
Awesome!

For the new design, can you passthrough pin 25, both sides? It's used as button 5 on boards like the Atomiswave.
Agreed probably best to pass this through but having done some Jamma Adapter based layouts its easy to over look something simple :P.

@buffi and everyone here 😅
Everything is not perfect in this world, I don't know if a made something wrong.
To upscale the betsubetsu I want to use a Gbscontrol. The GBS control works fine with spitfire and scary diy jamma output.

For working, I've to make a horror cable
Mini din8 to VGA

I made it using this shema using the RGB
Screenshot_20230130-173141.png

And the one from the github
Screenshot_20230130-190612.png

If I'm right, the view is in front of the connector, I'm looking the female connector.

I test my wire continuity with a multimeter.
And I'm out of idea, if you've got one?

Maybe I can't make it to work like that.
Thanks

Edit : weirdly it works, I've got some perturbation of the signal, I will investigate.
IMG_20230130_192608_687.jpg
IMG_20230130_190037_987.jpg

Last edited:
Does GBS Control expect VGA signal levels? Cause this wont give that.

Does GBS Control expect VGA signal levels? Cause this wont give that.
About that, I've limited knowledge 😅
https://ramapcsx2.github.io/gbs-control/

It's a nice and cheap product.

So for my interference, not all the time, I will make a video tomorrow. If I turn all RGB pot to max I've got a lot of perturbation. If I let the RGB pot at the middle it's better.

At the end I can adjust color and gamma through Obs if there isn't a solution 🙂

Thanks for your help

VGA signal expects sync on two different signals (H-sync and V-sync) and BetsuBetsu outputs c-sync. You should make miniDIN -> Component cables and use them with GBS-C.

VGA signal expects sync on two different signals (H-sync and V-sync) and BetsuBetsu outputs c-sync. You should make miniDIN -> Component cables and use them with GBS-C.
Hum, not a bad idea

IMG_20230131_142256_693.jpg
This is my current setup.
I can try to short the RGB on betsubetsu the same way like on the GBS.c

Result : the same as if I put the pot in higher state.

I made a short video where I move the red pot
View: https://youtu.be/QhXkYA2PYVM

And from the GBS.c GitHub, nothing who let me think I can't use the db15 to pass my signal from betsubetsu:
Supported standards are NTSC / PAL, the EDTV and HD formats, as well as VGA from 192p to 1600x1200 (earliest DOS, home computers, PC). Sources can be connected via RGB/HV (VGA), RGBS (game consoles, SCART) or Component Video (YUV). Various variations are supported, such as the PlayStation 2's VGA modes that run over Component cables.

Last edited:
@nassekova and you right, I made a din8 > scart cable to test it on my consumer TV and it works fine 🙂
The RGB pot works flawless.

1 thing, I'm happy, I made the betsubetsu fine, first time for me SMD
2 thing, I will make a component din8 cable or find another upscaler
Thanks guys 🙂

Yeah I’d recommend getting a OSSC/Retrotink/XRGB-Mini or something.

Glad you built it fine though!

Yeah I’d recommend getting a OSSC/Retrotink/XRGB-Mini or something.

Glad you built it fine though!
Hello there,

Do you think is feasible to replace the VGA output for a SCART output in your v1.1 design? Do you still have avialable v2 pcbs?

Thanks!

Back