What's new
Not really. I am pretty lazy and not looking to make money on these, which is why the design is open if someone else wants to build them.

Sorry to hijack your thread but I am looking for a solution to stream from Blast City and you seems to be somewhat of an expert on this matter :) I already have a HAS+OSSC+Capture card which works fine, so I was just wondering would a simple JAMMA splitter (one female end to game PCB and two male ends for HAS and Blast City harness) solve my need? Or is there some limitations how many devices can one game board support without any extra power? Or any other reason why it would not work or be a good idea?

I dont’t think HAS is meant to be powered from the jamma edge like that? (might work, no idea)

Splitting video signal like that might work, but i dont have a has, so dunno.

Ah yeah, HAS and Blast City both have their own PSU so that would be a problem.

Do you have any of these kits left?
PCB + components: 60eur
I could buy one and solder it myself.

I mean, i have parts and pcbs but not really assembled into kits, and dont have a lot of time to do that right now :)
I’ll see if i can find the stuff and throw something together but havent put much effort into building these recently so my workroom is a bit of a mess

Hell, if you have a second blank board and most of the parts to go with it, I'll gladly take a kit too. Maybe it makes the job more worth your time. I'm sure we can figure out postage with @nassekova.

Hell, if you have a second blank board and most of the parts to go with it, I'll gladly take a kit too. Maybe it makes the job more worth your time. I'm sure we can figure out postage with @nassekova.
Sure thing! Buffi can send those both to one of us and we can then ship them domestic to each other. I will ask my friend here in Oulu if he is interested in one too.

EDIT: My friend would take one kit too! So it would be 3 kits total.

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
I need either this or a Splitfire... please, put me on the list.
I can solder my own, given all the parts are provided... I don't necessarily need audio, video only is just great. :)
Thanks!

I need either this or a Splitfire... please, put me on the list.
I can solder my own, given all the parts are provided... I don't necessarily need audio, video only is just great. :)
Thanks!
why not the Axun Jamma extractor? hehe

why not the Axun Jamma extractor? hehe
I think this is probably the way to go for people that dont want to build something yourself.

I am too lazy :)

edit: Disclaimer: I haven't tried those yet, but seems good!

buffi, you are too nice. guys if you want to do buffis thing or Nacsplitfire its cool.
Nacsplitfire and Buffi are of course great.

to be honest, i only recommended Axun make such a device because
1. ive been on the nacsplitfire list for OVER 1 year..... sigh
2. we (Axunworkshop) wanted to make something that is always available.

i praise buffi for his open source project and for buying a Axun Jamma extractor.... what more can be said about buffi he is too kind and great

I ordered these PCBs from the jlcpcb and get other parts from Mouser! Thank you for open sourcing this :thumbup:

@nem I let you know when I get all the parts and will then send you one kit!

This was my first time to order PCBs so hopefully I got it right :D

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
Okie doke... just ordered an Axunworks JAMMA Extractor. :)
Thanks for the tip.

Can tease some stuff I've been drawing up. Still need to order some pcbs and see how the changes work in practice.
Assuming things seem to work well, I'll make a new thread probably. If you have a V1, there's not much reason to get a V2 since it's mostly minor changes

Changes are:
  • One single multi-gang pot to control gain
  • Volume control circuit improved, and no longer a trim-pot
  • Output is now DC coupled instead of AC coupled (removes a bunch of parts from BOM)
  • MINI-DIN 9 instead of MINI-DIN 8 (same change Minigun did)
  • Audio now passed through scart by default, with cuttable solder jumpers on the bottom to disable it, for people like me who don't want to share video and audio GND
  • Much smaller board (<5cm across)
v2pcb.png

Awesome!

For the new design, can you passthrough pin 25, both sides? It's used as button 5 on boards like the Atomiswave.

Back