What's new
Recapped Blast City Two's PSU

God this thing was disgusting. First the PSU looked like it had Smoker's Lung, blew out all the dust outside before taking it apart further. The dust + rust had embedded itself into the board but luckily it still worked. After washing out the boards and letting them dry I began to recap them. The PSU must have been choking and burning red hot because I had a lot of lifted pads, and one lifted trace. Luckily most pads didn't matter (it was the top side), and used wirewrap to fix the lifted trace.

Don't have another Noctua fan on me (surprisingly it runs kinda quiet), but gave the PSU a test and voltages look strong.

PXL_20210604_212222060.jpg
PXL_20210604_213534409.jpg
PXL_20210605_031212992.jpg
PXL_20210605_033810105.jpg

Up Next

Bought a crimper and supplies to properly build new Btn4 and Btn5 lines for the two Blast Cities (I plan to make them Naomi machines). Currently Blast City 1 is empty (CP, CRT and PSU are out) so I'll probably disassemble it sooner or later for cleaning and restore. I'll also replace the speakers with something newer since they sound a bit tinny/crackly when the volume is pushed upwards. An orbital buffer is next on my tools to purchase.

Last edited:
Back