What's new

RandomRetro

Professional
Reaction score
Both my Blast City cabs didn't have covers for the Comm port so decided to make a cover as I learn 3D printing. Two M4 x 10 screws are needed to hold it in place. Link to Thingiverse.
1643982621568.png
Blast City Comm Slot w Cover.jpg

This is great! Awesome work! Ever consider making any with openings to allow communication kits to be used? Like these
800px-Blast.city.vs.kit.7.jpg

Interesting. Never seen those before. Do they just screw on the back and cover the cables, or cover and hold them when not connected?

Ive never seen it fully set up, but it seems to allow the communication board inside enclosure and the top would go over it when not in use or being moved if im not mistaken

Makes sense. And protects the cables getting bumped and breaking the connectors. Hmm… thinking of an idea for how to do something similar but smaller. Just for cables and not worrying about the versus connection board. I do run cables out of there when I stream or capture game play.

You can just create some circular holes in your existing design for cables if you want

Nice work by the way!

This is great! Awesome work! Ever consider making any with openings to allow communication kits to be used? Like these

I never liked those metal covers. All they did for me was get in the way (maybe I was using it wrong?). I took mine off and thew em in a bin.

I never liked those metal covers. All they did for me was get in the way (maybe I was using it wrong?). I took mine off and thew em in a bin.
Its possible. If you are ever looking to offload them and put them on the market, im your guy!

You can just create some circular holes in your existing design for cables if you want

Nice work by the way!
Yeah a hole would be a cool addition maybe make it 30mm button sized? People can just use a control panel 30mm button plug or something to close it off when not in use :P

Both my Blast City cabs didn't have covers for the Comm port so decided to make a cover as I learn 3D printing. Two M4 x 10 screws are needed to hold it in place. Link to Thingiverse.
1643982621568.png
Blast City Comm Slot w Cover.jpg
Thanks for this. I downloaded the STL and made a modification to add an ethernet port. I am going to start a new topic and reference your work and my changes.

Back