What's new

Major_kenny

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys, first of all i'm a newbie so i would appreciate if you could keep that in mind and be respectful.

So i got a blast city that has a neo geo mvs board (MV1A) but i've come across a couple of issues. The one that bothers me the most is that player one D button isn't working, tried the hardware test menu and player 2 has all buttons working, but for some reason player 1's D button is not working. Any idea of why it can be?

The other issue is that sound is only coming out of the left speaker. Both speakers work though. When i adjust the volume, both have sound, but while playing or using the test menu all "Left" "Right" and "Center" test options use the left speaker.

Also the color monitor colors look too redish, how can i adjust it?

Thank you so much in advance.

You don't have any other PCBs?

Inside the control panel do you have dials or buttons that you use to adjust the monitor?

@nem sadly i only have one mvs game, the goal was to buy the multi mvs but seems like they won't be available for a while. My monitor is Nanao ms2930 so i believe what you're refering to is in the back of the cab. There's a couple of screw-like switches to adjust the colors i believe. i can try and post a picture of it later since i'm not near the cab atm.

@HornheaDD Are they always monaural? lol did not know that. That would explain it. Not too serious of an issue honestly though.

Seems like you're right. is there a way to make it stereo though? Just asking since you seem to know about this (at least more than i do :) )

Seems like you're right. is there a way to make it stereo though? Just asking since you seem to know about this (at least more than i do :) )
Ah, that I don't know, man. Other than maybe splicing wiring to from the left to the right but that could mess up sound on other boards that offer stereo.

Mono sound should come from both speakers on a Blast.

As for the picture looking too red, you have color cutoffs on the side of chassis and gain adjustments on the remote. You will have to remove the monitor to adjust those.

Aren't those at the back of the monitor? Or is it something else i am not aware of? Sorry but it's the first cab i have and i'm still learning (or trying to).

Regarding the D button on player one not working, anyone has any clue as to why that happens? Player two's buttons all work well, but for some weird reason the player 1 D button (first row third button) isn't working :(

Ah I didn't see the part of the chart with the audio jack/switch. Still tho, his MV1A does not have this.

first row third button for D? Usually it’s
ABC
DEF

Open the control panel and snap a photo of some of the wiring. Do you have a multimeter?

In general a blast routes the kicks through a separate set of wiring, into the blast io inside the cab. MVS wants that fourth button directly though. So my guess is your D is wired to the blast io currently.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Wiring_Guide

I have my blast set up to be flexible, I basically have TWO wires for D - one on the jamma harness and one on the kicks/blast-io. When I throw in the neo geo I wire up D to the jamma harness. When I put basically anything else in (cps1,cps2,etc) I rewire D to use the one that routes to the io.

Will take a picture tomorrow. As far as the layout goes @ekorz you're correct, but (from what i know) if i use a neo geo usually it goes like how i described to mimic the neo geo arcade stick. maybe when i send a pic i'll be able to explain a bit better, also thanks a lot for your help :) it's sad that it's just ONE button that is not working

Oh so like…
1XX

Anyway you should be able to meter button 4’s wires and see if they connect to the jamma edge. Clearly p2 does so you can use it as a test example to confirm you are testing continuity correctly.

Back