What's new

SailorLodestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone around familiar with wiring a Blast City kick harness through the I/O? The info on the wiki seems to indicate that the cable from the I/O board to the CPS2 is supposed to beplugged in at CN6 but the guy who made the cable for me gave me a cable with a connector that fits CN8?

Is that ok? What's up with this discrepancy between what the wiki says and how my cable is made. The cable works (except for the grounding on the player two buttons but if I pair those inputs with other grounding wires, they work.)

Any ideas what's going on?
Blast_city_cab_io.jpg

CN8 is what you're supposed to use. It will terminate to the 10-pin AMP UP connector inside the control panel.

Silly question but does the 12 pin amp up connector for button 4 and 5 also connect to CN8 or just to the JAMMA edge? Looking for a good solution to have to keep from changing harness when say switching between Street Fighter games and say DND:TOD & SOM since they use the edge for button 4.

if i see this correctly, the 4 player harness is totally different - but if you play the DND games Two Player only you shouldn't need the harness, all 4 buttons are on the jamma edge

Yes I'm talking about using it in 2 Player mode but doesn't really answer the question, how would you easily switch between games where button 4 is on the jamma edge and games where button 4-6 use the kick harness?

The info on the wiki seems to indicate that the cable from the I/O board to the CPS2 is supposed to be plugged in at CN6 but the guy who made the cable for me gave me a cable with a connector that fits CN8?

Where do you see that on the wiki? it mentions CN8 no?
2021-01-29_13-53-11.jpg

2021-01-29_13-54-42.jpg

Silly question but does the 12 pin amp up connector for button 4 and 5 also connect to CN8 or just to the JAMMA edge?

They're separate. So you'll have to switch wires every time you're using the 4th and 5th buttons from the jamma edge vs. the ones you have from the aux connector.

They're separate. So you'll have to switch wires every time you're using the 4th and 5th buttons from the jamma edge vs. the ones you have from the aux connector.
I realize this would involve making some custom harnesses but would it be possible to get a harness with 4/5 connecting to the 12 pin amp up like normal but then splitting to the 10 pin connector with the wires for button 6 for both players so I could have 4/5 routed to both the JAMMA edge and CN8 connector at once?

So JAMMA edge has 5 buttons on Blast City too? I was thinking that I could use my HAS extension cable which takes CPS2 kick harness and maps those buttons to jamma edge (if I got it correctly). Then I could play MK2 with my Blast which has 5 buttons connected? I have CPS2 adapter for my MK2 so it fits there.

Does that sound about right?

OR then I could just connect that CPS2 kickharness straight to that CN8 ?

Last edited:
I realize this would involve making some custom harnesses but would it be possible to get a harness with 4/5 connecting to the 12 pin amp up like normal but then splitting to the 10 pin connector with the wires for button 6 for both players so I could have 4/5 routed to both the JAMMA edge and CN8 connector at once?

I see no reason why you couldn't do that. Most superguns are wired like that.

So JAMMA edge has 5 buttons on Blast City too?

I thought I included 1P and 2P harnesses for your cab with both the 4th and 5th button wired up?

Does that sound about right?

Sounds good to me.

So JAMMA edge has 5 buttons on Blast City too?
So yes from the from the factory as far as I can tell, the wiring guide clearly shows all 5 in the amp up connector. My original JVS loom was pretty hacked up though so I'm not the best example I can confidently say they are atleast wired to the sega IO board

I thought I included 1P and 2P harnesses for your cab with both the 4th and 5th button wired up?

Yea, those are wired up. Only 6th button is not wired. Just wanted to make sure that those 4-5 buttons come from JAMMA edge and I don't need to connect that kick harness to I/O board.

Yea, those are wired up. Only 6th button is not wired. Just wanted to make sure that those 4-5 buttons come from JAMMA edge and I don't need to connect that kick harness to I/O board.
Thats going to depend on the game, I have Lemony making me an adapter to allow for both to be connected at the same time but long story short is if you swap say an MVS which will use button 4 over the loom with say a CPS2 game you will still have to connect the kick harness for button 4-6 the adapter just saves me the time of having to open the control panel and and reconnect/disconnect the quick connects under the control panel.

If you have the 4th and 5th button wiring coming from 12-pin 1P and 2P harnesses, then they will be connected to the jamma edge (pin 24 and 25 respectively).

At the moment I don't have any 6 button games, so I will cross that bridge when I get there. Right now MK2 is the only game that even uses 5 buttons, so I think I am good with this setup:

HAS extension cord with CSP2 connector to map MK2 extra buttons to jamma edge
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9548.jpg

JNX Raiden - CPS1/CPS2 to Mortal Kombat Adapter

On my MK2
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9549.jpg

The blast should already have all five buttons mapped to the JAMMA edge, atleast mine does

Back