What's new
Hmm okay. Is there any other way to adjust the voltage slightly when you change games besides opening the PSU?
You shouldn't have to open the PSU case to adjust voltages.

Open the front PCB access door. Look at the PSU there are two small holes at the back of the PSU (when viewed from inside the cabinet).
One hole is for 5V adjustment and the other is 3.3V Adjustment (When running JVS power with a 001 loom for example)

5V and 12V are shared voltages so adjusting 5V adjusts your 12V in accordance.

Inkedirldfy10x0l31_LI.jpg

not other way

😐

Open the front PCB access door. Look at the PSU there are two small holes at the back of the PSU (when viewed from inside the cabinet).
One hole is for 5V adjustment and the other is 3.3V Adjustment (When running JVS power with a 001 loom for example)

Ah yeah there they are. Thanks!
The screw post on the back is the Ground / FG for the cabinet/PSU. Its on a screw post because the intention was to daisy chain a ground wire to every cabinet in the game center in Japan. Not all outlets in Japan had a dedicated ground pin yet so this is the reason for that being there.

If you run a grounded IEC power cable you can ignore worrying about that grounding post.
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks

Thanks for the pic too GeeDee :)

Getting closer to the reassembly stage, and I'm looking to replace a few sets of screws that are close to stripping. I don't see them in the parts list, though. Any tips on the sizes or what replacements to get would be appreciated!

The two small screws holding the coinbox door to the frame need to be replaced.
IMG_20221023_182434.jpg

coinbox_door.png

A few of the screws holding the front and back of the frame together are also starting to strip, or were already looking questionable. I've read that machine screws might not be the best option for screws that go into the fiberglass.
IMG_20221023_182848.jpg

IMG_20221023_183002.jpg

These don't have to be JIS screws, but something hard that's not likely to strip would be ideal (not that I plan to disassemble the cab again).

The screw post on the back is the Ground / FG for the cabinet/PSU. Its on a screw post because the intention was to daisy chain a ground wire to every cabinet in the game center in Japan. Not all outlets in Japan had a dedicated ground pin yet so this is the reason for that being there.

If you run a grounded IEC power cable you can ignore worrying about that grounding post.
Do you happen to know where I can get a cover for the screw post on the back of the PSU? The Blast City I received is missing one.

Do you happen to know where I can get a cover for the screw post on the back of the PSU? The Blast City I received is missing one.
Like the ground post screw?

I can probably steal one off one of my parts cabs if you want to buy one??

Back