What's new

dinahcc

Student
Reaction score
So i bought a Capcom Vs Snk cart from a guy who said it was untested. Me being naive as hell drove an hour and a half to buy it for 100 thinking it was a steal. When I set it up in my system one of the rams displayed as bad and the intro music/left sounds/some stage music doesnt work. Is there a cheap way to do anything about this or if anyone wants to buy it for 100 plus shipping that'd be fine too.

Also while I'm here I have some monitor issues, I keep getting weird waves on my screen that goes away when I un-ground my Chassis but that warps my screen so I don't like to keep it un-ground. Its weird It went away when I had my MvC2 Cart in and when I took it out for CVS it came back. When I had someone check my voltages they said they were perfect so I don't think I'm running it too hot.

bad RAM or bad ROM?

can you take a picture of the screen that showd it as bad?

The sega naomi is very picky... is your +5 voltage set to 5.0 or 5.1?

The sega naomi is very picky... is your +5 voltage set to 5.0 or 5.1?
idk I need to get a voltage meter but I dont get the problem with marvel vs capcom its only capcom vs snk

bad RAM or bad ROM?

can you take a picture of the screen that showd it as bad?
Here you go man. Sorry for the late reply I've been busy the past few days and haven't gotten to mess with my cab.

Attachments

• 20200710_203209.jpg
    20200710_203209.jpg
    644 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200710_203155.jpg
    20200710_203155.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 39
grrr, hate when borads are borken.

unfortunately the fix here is probably more than the cost of another cart. possibly not, if you're used to dealing with surface mount stuff and have the chips/programmer on hand.

Just buy a NetDIMM I don't think we'll ever get a true Naomi multi cart and fixing that cart will be more trouble than it's worth.

Just buy a NetDIMM I don't think we'll ever get a true Naomi multi cart and fixing that cart will be more trouble than it's worth.
I've been close to buying one multiple times but I dont know enough about it. Do I need a naomi specific power supply? Because I read somewhere I can't run it off the power from my capcom i.o

Last edited:
well this sucks that it can't be fixed. Do people buy broken carts?

well this sucks that it can't be fixed.
It can, its just not going to be worth the time/effort/cost when compared with simply buying another.
Do I need a naomi specific power supply? Because I read somewhere I can't run it off the power from my capcom i.o
Yea :(
More accurately a JVS power supply, NetDIMM is a hungry bitch but she'll play everything even Atomiswave games (Darksoft ported them).
I think @Mitsurugi-w still sells an ATX powersupply to JVS adapter, that might be an easy way to get one going?

rSVAE9j.jpg

Don't call it a multi ;)
Its a NetDIMM unit with a PiForce.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think @Mitsurugi-w still sells an ATX powersupply to JVS adapter, that might be an easy way to get one going?
That's what I used. I imagine if you don't get a decent power supply you could have issues. The problem with them is you can't really adjust the voltage on the lines.

That said, the adapter he sells + my PC power supply runs my Naomi 1 with netdimm and raspberry pi without issue.

well this sucks that it can't be fixed. Do people buy broken carts?
It can absolutely be fixed. I forget which PCB version that game comes on but a lot of the Capcom PCB have common Logic IC failure, it's very challenging solder work though, and the problem is that a lot of times you don't know which chip is the problem so you just replace all of them to be sure (since the others are likely to fail eventually anyway). It's also possible that it's a bad ROM chip, and if that's the case you can't get direct replacement, you have to install a similar ROM but then add a voltage regulator and some wires to make it work on the ROM board.

Paying someone else to do this job (such as Ken/ irepairsega) costs about $100 plus shipping. So it's up you to determine if it's worth that price, or if you have the skills to fix it yourself.

a non-working cart with a clean PCB and shell I'd say is worth about the working cart price minus $150 and bottoms out around $15-$20 depending on condition.

Back