What's new

haruman

Beginner
Reaction score
So I just bought a CPS2 setup from a guy on KLOV, it's an early one, first firmware. He says it was working 100%.

In any case, I get it today and I turned it on, switched games to X-MEN COTA, immediately get a RAM error on reboot. Powered off, waited a few miutes and turned power back on.

Booted this time, but the sounds are way messed up.

Went to change games, went to select a new game to load, but when I press the button the LCD freezes and the CRT goes black. The new game never loads, and if I wait a while and do a power cycle, the messed up COTA comes back.

Here is a video of the behavior:

Any thoughts on what the issue could be?

Thanks!

Where did the rom you’re using come from? Encrypted, etc. Did you update the firmware, is there key-wiring?

have you opened it up to ensure everything is seated?

No idea honestly, lol. Best I can figure is it was so hot from sitting on a UPS truck all day, it was over 110 that day. I basically plugged it in as soon as it was dropped off.

Left it overnight and turned it back on when I got home from work, and everything worked just fine.

No idea honestly, lol. Best I can figure is it was so hot from sitting on a UPS truck all day, it was over 110 that day. I basically plugged it in as soon as it was dropped off.

Left it overnight and turned it back on when I got home from work, and everything worked just fine.
Yup, Thermal expansion is a thing. Well glad it's up and running.

Back