What's new

LewisGamer

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi!

My Star Wars Battlepod is goosed :(

I’ve tried replacing RAM, thermal paste, replaced caps in PSU/motherboard, system fans, CPU fan, everything 😢

The symptoms are the demo video starts to stutter, then it hangs to a white screen and loops the last millisecond of sound. It’s an original machine. I can only assume that it’s a hard drive failure now. Obviously it’s bit locked. Is there any way I can clone the HDD and replace it?

Any help/hints/whatever is appreciated!

-Lewis
image.jpg

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/HVWlq04Z0KY?feature=share

It can play the main game all day long. Can sit and play it without issue. It only crashes when streaming video in attract mode.

Yes, it can be a broken VHD or a broken DLL on system. I think all the video decoding code is in VHD, so... let's pray for VHD corruption.
It could also be a broken graphic card where the video decoding acceleration causes problem.

Where are you located ?

I’ve swapped out the graphics card previously with a Tekken 7. Having the same issue with it crashing during the attract video. I’ve heard through the grapevine that there is a way to get a super special image that will work on any hard drive, but still requires the security dongle. This would be perfect, as Namco have stopped supporting the hardware, and I have an original machine with dongle! :D

Yes, it can be a broken VHD or a broken DLL on system. I think all the video decoding code is in VHD, so... let's pray for VHD corruption.
It could also be a broken graphic card where the video decoding acceleration causes problem.

Where are you located ?
I’m in the U.K.

Do you have any source regarding support by Namco ?

A fix option is to use a "reset" usb key that will restore the VHD. What version do you use right now ? You can see VHD name in the blackbox at boot (Loading game image [XXXXXXXXXXX]).

I emailed Namco, but the repair turn around was way too long involving sending the machine over to Japan and back. the cost of the repair crazy also. just got in contact with someone local that can sort it out for me. Thanks for your help :)

Do you have any source regarding support by Namco ?

A fix option is to use a "reset" usb key that will restore the VHD. What version do you use right now ? You can see VHD name in the blackbox at boot (Loading game image [XXXXXXXXXXX]).
FF064FFF-8AF4-42EA-9ECF-E6795AC8121F.jpeg

I emailed Namco, but the repair turn around was way too long involving sending the machine over to Japan and back. the cost of the repair crazy also. just got in contact with someone local that can sort it out for me. Thanks for your help :)
Best option so far. Trip to Namco Japan is 800€ itself without any repair.

Back