What's new
My SNES cables work, at least as of several months ago when I last used them. Can't recall where they came from but it was likely a second hand purchase and if that's the case then the seller made it themselves. tbh that's probably your best route anyway.

This is the RJ45 crimper which was recommended at the time I bought it. When the time comes for me to do this on my own I'll post about the crimping process but pretty sure there are good write ups and tutorials out there already if you want to give it a shot yourself:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002D3B97U

Thanks fellas, I think I’ll end up crimping my own when I get the time to do so. Probably in a couple of years time….. by which time someone else will hopefully be selling some they’ve made themselves :P

Likely faulty SNES cables, at least judging from OP stating that other console cables do work on the same boards. I've had issues with poor quality cables sold by multiple vendors stateside. Not SNES specifically but it's happened to me with Dreamcast and PSX cables for sure. I've since gotten a RJ45 crimper and will learn to make my own using extension controller cables as donors when the time comes to replace any more cables in the future. Will be going this route as well with N64 support just announced for the Retro Board - I no longer trust these vendors for pre-fabricated cables.
or do you have the required circuit diagram to interface to the Retro board

@Sparkoids this link seems to cover everything (minus newly added N64 support):
http://filthypants.blogspot.com/2018/12/retro-console-rj45-pinouts-ps360-mc.html?m=1

As noted, Genesis cables won't work and are not supported by Brook anyway on this board. I've also seen inconsistent results with PC Engine support directly. In both cases, what I've done is to use a PSX to [console] adapter and use the PSX cable on the Retro Board - that works without issue.

N64 pinout, from the board designer himself:
Screenshot_20220702-154058_Twitter.jpg

Back